About the City and the Surrounding Areas of Monterey Park
Monterey Park is a well-known and popular city in Los Angeles County, in the state of California, in the nation of the United States, located as it is just 10 miles east of Downtown Los Angeles. The city’s motto is “Pride in the past, Faith in the future”. Monterey Park is part of a cluster of cities, (Alhambra, Arcadia, Temple City, Rosemead, San Marino, and San Gabriel in the west San Gabriel Valley), with a rapidly growing Asian American population, making up 66.9% of its resident population at 2010; 47.7% of its residents are of Chinese descent, the largest concentration of Chinese Americans of any municipality in the entire United States. According to the 2010 Census as reported by the United States Census Bureau, the city had a total population of 60,269.
The Chinese-dominated business district, near the intersection of Garfield Avenue and Garvey Avenue, is called “Downtown Monterey Park” and is infamous for its ethnic displays. In the mid-1980s, Lincoln Plaza Hotel was built to predominately service tourists from Taiwan and Hong Kong. Monterey Park has many choices of Hong Kong fusion cafes, there are several Cantonese seafood restaurants, as well as restaurants offering Mainland Chinese fare. A variety of cuisine can be found throughout the city. This aspect of Monterey Park has drawn a lot of attention and visitors to the city.
Drug Addiction and Substance Abuse on the Rise in Monterey Park
Sadly, drug and alcohol addiction and substance abuse in general has begun to make a major impact on the residents of Monterey Park and on their families. It is feasted that, with increased trafficking of drugs form Mexico and with more and more prescription drug abuse here that, if something isn’t done soon then the issue will simply escalate to be a serious and severe issue indeed.
Facts and Statistics on the Crisis
To better understand addiction, some facts and statistics have been included on it below:
• Even though the vast quantity of the crystal meth that is found in the United States comes from Mexico as its place of origination, crystal meth labs have been found out and busted in all fifty of the U.S. states.
• The state of California leads the country, with over 8,000 such labs seized during just a two-year period, and with each and every single individual lab costing taxpayers about five to eight thousand dollars to clean up.
• Alcohol abuse and addiction is by far one of the nation’s greatest underrated and underreported critical issues and potential epidemics of the century.
• For example, it is a true fact that more Americans seek out rehabilitation for alcohol addiction than for any other type of addiction. If one were to walk right into a treatment center, he or she would find that just under half of the patients residing there had come in for treatment of alcohol addiction.
• To give some facts on this to support it, it is estimated that more than forty-one percent of treatment admissions for addiction in the United States were for alcohol abuse, twenty percent of admissions were for heroin addiction treatment, and seventeen percent were for the treatment of marijuana abuse.
Rehabilitation: How Those Who are Addicted can Beat Addiction Once and for All
In recent years, drug and alcohol addiction and substance abuse in general has begun to make a serious impact on the residents of Monterey Park. Prior to the turn of the century, this issue was not a major or a severe one. Factually, the issue has only become really damaging in the last few years. However, the speed with which the issue has gotten really bad and the fact that the residents of the area never really had to deal with something like this before have all thoroughly exacerbated the situation. It’s during times like these that the residents of Monterey Park must look to the helping hands offered by inpatient rehabilitation centers to assist them in addressing their addiction crisis.
With a course through an inpatient, residential, drug and alcohol addiction and dependence treatment center, it is actually possible to win the battle against addiction once and for all.
Inpatient rehabilitation is the solution that is so direly needed in Monterey Park. With inpatient rehabilitation, a course through a proper program can make all the difference in one’s overall attempt at winning the battle against addiction once and for all. With a stay at such a program, one will have access to all of the detoxification tools and rehabilitation methods needed to effectively address and eradicate addiction one and for all.
With inpatient rehabilitation, the addicted residents of Monterey Park can finally have access to all of the various detoxification tools and techniques needed to address and eradicate addiction once and for all. With these tools one can actually address and eradicate the terrible disease of physical drug and alcohol addiction. This is needed because, if this area is not addressed properly then one cannot actually concentrate on rehabilitation itself. Once detox if taken care of, those addicted in Monterey Park can finally move on to the actual rehabilitation part of whatever program they are going to.
This is where real change begins to occur, as this is where the individual addicts begin to address and confront all of the mental, underlying, and personal reasons why exactly one is using and abusing drugs. With a combination of detox and rehab, those addicted in Monterey Park can finally recover themselves from their gruesome addictions once and for all. The benefits to this are infinite, and the overall community will improve greatly as a result of it.