Elevate Addiction Services – SLT
586 Glorene Ave, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150, USA California
• In the year of 2010, alcohol misuse problems cost the United States $249.0 billion. Sadly, three-quarters of the total cost of alcohol misuse is related to binge drinking. A lot of the cost is because of drunk driving. Much of it is from accidents and collateral damage and damages to families who are affected by the alcoholic.
• According to the 2014 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH) no less than thirty-five percent of 15-year-olds report that they have had at least one drink in their lives. Furthermore, about nine million people of the age of 12–20, (22.8 percent of this age group) reported drinking alcohol in the past month alone (23 percent of males and 22.5 percent of females). Obviously, underage drinking is quite prevalent indeed.
• The prevalence of binge drinking is quite great today. According to the 2014 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH) approximately 5.3 million people (about 13.8 percent of that age group) of the ages of 12–20 were binge drinkers (15.8 percent of males and 12.4 percent of females).
• According to the 2014 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH) approximately 1.3 million people (about 3.4 percent of this age group) of the age of 12–20 were heavy drinkers (4.6 percent of them males and 2.7 percent of them females).
• In the year of 2014, no less than sixty percent of full-time college students of the age of 18–22 drank alcohol in the past month compared with fifty percent of other persons of the same age. Obviously, college students are far more at risk for abusing alcohol than non-college students are.