The City of Ventura, is by far and without a doubt one of America’s most livable communities and areas. The city is located between Malibu and Santa Barbara on the blue Pacific Ocean, overlooking Anacapa and Santa Cruz islands. People have lived along this stretch of the California coast for at least ten thousand years because it is simply so livable. San Buenaventura was actually founded in 1782 by Father Junipero Serra, the ninth of the California missions. He named it after the Italian St. Bonaventure, hence the nickname that Ventura is the, “city of good fortune”.
The City of Ventura has a major focus on excellence in people, programs and services. The City of Ventura is a very highly accomplished customer-focused organization with professional, caring and responsive residents, business people, entrepreneurs, and city employees as well. The city succeeds in delivering vital, diverse and innovative programs and benefits to the residents, business owners, and visitors.
Drug Addiction and Substance Abuse in the City of Ventura, California
Sadly, the city of Ventura has recently come under a significant amount of drug addiction and substance abuse amongst its residents. This is truly saddening indeed, as this city had never really struggled with this before, but now it definitely does have a major drug problem to end all drug problems.
What has occurred here is that much of the drug crime recently moved out of the bigger cities and areas and firmly lodged itself in cities like Ventura. Now, this is a major issue for these places, and will probably continue to be so for quite some time unless major changes are made. Without a doubt, the youth of the city are the ones that are affected the most by this, and it is feared that many more will become addicted if something isn’t done soon.
Facts and Statistics on the Nation’s Addiction Crisis
To shed some light on the nationwide drug problem, some facts and statistics pertinent to these issues have been included below:
• In the year 2005, 6.6% of the US population of the age of 12 or older, or 16 million people, reported heavy drinking, (binge drinking on at least five days of the past thirty days since surveyed).
• Of the 3.9 million Americans who received treatment for a substance abuse problem in 2005, 2.5 million of them were treated for alcohol use either by itself or in confluence with other drug abuse.
• Alcohol-related traffic deaths in the United States ranked in at 12,998 in the year 2007. This is more than three times as many American soldiers who died in combat in the first six years of the Iraq war all told.
• Sadly, there are 1.4 million drunk driving arrests in the United States every single year.
• A United States Department of Justice study found that as many as a full 40% of violent crimes occur under the influence of alcohol.
• 39% of all traffic deaths, (be it on the part of the drunk driver or the victims of the crash), involved alcohol in the year 2005.
Rehabilitation: How Ventura Residents are Beating Addiction Once and for All
For the residents of Ventura, the situation may seem very dire indeed. Truly, it is dire and something needs to be done soon if the city is going to be able to make a good turn around and not be such a drug abuse nightmare.
The key to saving Ventura from addiction lies in inpatient, residential, drug and alcohol addiction and dependence treatment centers, detox facilities, rehabilitation programs, and recovery organizations. Only these types of centers offer enough services and programs to fully cure and rehabilitate anyone who is addicted to drugs and alcohol, and only these types of programs can really guarantee sobriety for a lifetime. With rehab however, anyone addicted in Ventura can win against addiction once and for all.