La Habra is a well-known and popular city in the northwestern corner of Orange County, California, in the United States. As of the 2010 census as reported by the United States Census Bureau, the city had a population of 60,239. Its nearby related city, La Habra Heights, is located to the north of La Habra, and is in Los Angeles County.
La Habra has attracted many new residents in recent years as more and more residents of the greater LA area have desired to get out of the big city and into some of the more suburban environments. Factually, this issue is not all that severe as the city had room to grow and the economy has boomed as a result of the newly increasing population. In truth, the issue could not get any better because the city has never been better off than it is now.
Drug Addiction and Substance Abuse on the Rise in La Habra
Sadly, drug addiction and substance abuse in general has been on the rise in a big way in the city of La Habra. A lot of this is undoubtedly because of the recent massive population increase that has been felt in and around the city. Wherever an increase in population goes, so does follow an increase in drug abuse, drug addiction, drug crime, drug theft, and drug trafficking and drug-related accidents. La Habra has experienced all of this and then some as the city has suddenly fallen prey to massive addiction and abuse issues with both drugs and alcohols alike. If something is not done soon on a grand scale, it is feared that this issue may yet take over completely.
Facts and Statistics: Real World Information on Just How Serious Addiction is in This Area
Listed below are some facts and statistics that show some of the true gravity of the addiction situation not only in La Habra but in the entire nation too:
• Opiate addiction has become a powerful and forceful global epidemic that affects all nations involved. True, the United States is affected the most when it comes to opiates but other countries like France, Iran, Afghanistan, and Brazil suffer greatly as well from opiate addiction in general.
• To shed some light on this, it is estimated that a full thirteen and a half million people total in the world abuse opioids (or opium-like substances), including over nine million alone who use heroin intravenously.
• Heroin abuse is on the rise again in the United States, and it has been for some years now. After initially lying almost completely dormant for over two decades, heroin abuse has skyrocketed in the U.S. in tandem with increases in opiate pain reliever abuse too.
• To get the rough numbers, the 2007 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, (NSDUH), reported that there were approximately 153,000 current heroin users in the United States in the year 2007.
• Other estimates by other unofficial institutions give figures as high as 900,000 though, so it is difficult to be sure on this point.
Rehabilitation: How Those Addicted are Dealing with the Substance Abuse Crisis
It's an inconvenient truth but the fact of the matter is that drug and alcohol addiction has begun to make a serious and very dire impact on the residents of La Habra. This issue has been getting worse and worse as the years have gone by with absolutely no signs of lessening at all. In fact, it is feared that if something is not done soon then the addiction crisis here will escalate to the point of a full on micro-epidemic.
Many different factors have contributed to an intensive increase in drug and alcohol abuse in La Habra, the simplest being its close proximity to Mexico and increases in the trafficking of drugs from that country to La Habra and the surrounding areas. Also, the use and abuse of prescription drugs for recreational and addictive purposes has skyrocketed in and around La Habra, as it has also done so in many other areas of California and in the nation for that matter. Finally, the working class population and the youth population of La Habra have both been the demographics most affected by this with more and more such individuals abusing drugs and alcohol every day and becoming addicted to such substances as well. Truthfully, if something isn't done soon to address and resolve this crisis then it is feared that it will quite literally take over in La Habra.
This is where inpatient, residential, drug and alcohol addiction and dependence treatment centers, detox facilities, rehab programs, and recovery organizations come into play. With the help long term alcohol and long term drug rehabilitation centers, quite literally anyone who is addicted in La Habra can win the battle against their own personal addiction nightmare once and for all. With inpatient rehab in CA, one will be able to receive a full chemical detoxification process that's ultimately needed to banish physical dependence.
After that has been completed one can then move on to getting a complete rehabilitation experience chock full of counseling, therapy, group sessions, electives, coping strategies, moral recognition, and relapse prevention. Truly, a course through a full and complete rehabilitation program is the only way for the addicted residents of La Habra to make significant change and for the entire area to improve in general. If this is done, then we may yet see a significant change and a lasting change in La Habra.