About the city of Lincoln, California
Lincoln is a well-known and very popular city in Placer County, in the city of California, in the United States, part of the Sacramento metropolitan area. Located as it is in an area of rapid suburban development, it grew by an alarming 282.1 percent between the years of 2000 and 2010, making it the fastest growing city over 10,000 people in the U.S. by far. Its 2015 population was estimated to be 45,837.
Lincoln is part of the Sacramento-Roseville Metropolitan Statistical Area, though it does stand on its own as an independent city and urban area. The recent population growth occurred in a large part as a result of a rise in the economy and the tourism industry in and around the area. Surely, this is a city that is expected to grow even more so and perhaps almost double in size by the year 2030.
Facts and Statistics: Real Data on a Rising Drug and Alcohol Abuse Problem in and Around Lincoln
Sadly, there has been a significant increase in drug and alcohol abuse and addiction in and around the city and the surrounding areas of Lincoln. This is an area that has grown and expanded quite a bit as the years have gone by to the point where it is feared that Lincoln will surely experience a drug abuse nightmare of its own unless something is done about it and soon too. For some data on the increasing drug problem that is not only affecting Lincoln, but the entire nation for that matter, some facts and statistics have been included below:
• Prescription drugs are killing more of our youth than cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine and inhalants combined. This is now the substance abuse epidemic of the United States. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, (www.cdc.gov), the prescription drug abuse problem in the United States is now the first ever drug problem in the nation to become an actual epidemic. For example, teens abuse prescription drugs more than any illicit street drug except marijuana by far. 70% of people who abuse prescription drugs say they get them out of the medicine cabinets of family or friends too.
• Drug and alcohol addiction has been a problem that the American people have faced in one way or another since the nation was first formed. Different substances have appeared in the nation in different ways and some have had varying degrees of severity in regards to the effect that they had on the American people. But today nothing compares to the prescription drug abuse epidemic that is hitting the United States now. In just the last year more Americans lost their lives as a result of abusing drugs that are supposed to be beneficial and helpful than all Americans who lost their lives from heroin, cocaine, and meth in the last three years. This is obviously a serious issue and something must be done to address it.
Rehabilitation Sought as a Solution for the Rising Drug Problem in and Around the City of Lincoln
Unfortunately, drug and alcohol addiction and substance abuse in general has begun to have a very serious effect and turn into a very serious threat in and around the city of Lincoln. This is an issue that has greatly expanded on an exponential scale since the turn of the century. Certain key factors have contributed to this. For example:
• Since the end of the economic recession, this city in particular recovered more quickly than the other cities around it. This inspired drug and dealers and traffickers to move in and begin trying to sell drugs to individuals who had money here.
• Also, right after the economic recession ended, many more young adults all across Lincoln suddenly began to abuse more drugs and alcohol than ever before. Again this issue was only further exacerbated by the simple fact that those in this area had never really been affected that much by drug and alcohol addiction. The impact that young adult substance abuse had on the residents of Lincoln only served to further worsen the situation.
• In light of all the trouble and drama caused by drug and alcohol addiction and substance abuse in general and Lincoln, many have been left to wonder just what exactly can be done to address the substance-abuse problem here. The situation is a severe one to say the least, and there are few who feel as though any help is possible.
This is where rehabilitation comes into play. With the help of an inpatient, residential, drug and alcohol addiction and dependence treatment center, detox facility, rehabilitation program, and recovery organization, those who are addicted and afflicted in Lincoln can actually go out and beat their substance abuse problem once and for all. Though this is a major and serious problem to say the least, inpatient rehabilitation programs possess the tools and techniques necessary to help individuals win the battle against addiction once and for all. It is hoped that those who are addicted here in Lincoln will pursue rehabilitation, for this is the one way that the city can finally make a turnaround for the better once and for all.