About the City of Eastvale: The City in Review and in Summary
Eastvale is a city located in northwestern Riverside County, in the state of California, the Inland Empire region of Southern California. Its boundaries extend all the way from Hellman Avenue to the West, (the San Bernardino County Line), Bellgrave Avenue to the North (also the San Bernardino County Line), the Santa Ana River and Norco to the South, and Interstate 15 to the East. Eastvale is a rather extensive and expansive city and has been a cultural center for some time now.
The population of Eastvale was 53,668 at the 2010 census as reported by the United States Census Bureau. The city has grown quite a bit in recent years as a result of an increasingly strong economy there. The city has become more and more of an upper middle class city, and it is thought that it will continue to expand and grow in this way.
The Truth About Drug Addiction: Facts and Statistics on the Matter
To better understand any drug crisis, it is best to know some statistics on the issue:
• Heroin use and abuse sadly rose by a staggering percent between the years of 2007 and 2011,with a massive eighty percent increase in the first time use and abuse of the drug amongst individuals between the ages of 12 and 17 years old. Furthermore since 2002, (according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA)), the overdose deaths that came about as a result of the abuse of this drug amongst this very same age range more than tripled.
• In the year of 2009, there were in fact nearly five million drug-related emergency department, (ED), visits of which about one half, (factually about 49.8 percent, or 2.3 million all in all), were attributed to adverse reactions to the abuse and misuse of pharmaceutical drugs. These are drugs that are supposed to help people but, in this case, they did not do much of that. Roughly almost one half, (45.1 percent, or 2.1 million to be exact), of these same visits were attributed to drug misuse or abuse of similar drugs.
• Sadly nearly 9 out of 10 poisoning deaths in the United States are caused by drugs. These could be both illicit drugs and prescription drugs too. For example between the years of 2001 and 2010, drug poisoning deaths in the U.S. almost doubled to now measured nearly 40,000 deaths in 2010. In 2014 it was much more than that. Moreover, opioid analgesic pain relievers were involved in more drug poisoning deaths than any other drug, and that is including heroin and cocaine. Unfortunately and as twisted fate would have it, it is the legal drugs that do the most damage in this nation.
Rehabilitation: The Ultimate Solution to Drug and Alcohol Abuse and Addiction in Eastvale
The incredibly prevalent matter of drug and alcohol abuse and addiction has begun to make a major impact on the residents of Eastvale, and in a way that it hasn’t done so with quite so much ferocity in the past. This is a crisis to say the least, and it has been occurring in the area for far too long now. The concern has been a real one to say the least, and if something isn’t done soon to effectively reduce addiction in the area on a more permanent level, then the issue will only get much, much worse indeed. At the rate that it has been going, addiction has been escalating more and more as the years have gone by, and the last ten years in particular have been especially severe and damaging.
Addiction has made a name for itself in Eastvale in a few different ways. For example:
• More accidents have occurred in Eastvale in the last ten years than have occurred in the last twenty years prior to that. The majority of these accidents have had some form of substance abuse as their contributing factor.
• Teen drug abuse is at its highest ever in Eastvale. This is to say that not only are there more teens abusing drugs and alcohol in this area than ever before, but it is also to say that the types of drugs they are abusing are getting more and more dangerous than they ever were before. Twenty years ago marijuana was pretty common and prevalent in Eastvale, but now it is prescription drugs, heroin, and alcohol that rank the most popular indeed.
• Drug and alcohol abuse amongst the upper middle class and upper class residents of Eastvale is on a totally new and intensely damaging level. For sure, this was never a real problem before, but now almost all demographics of Eastvale are being affected and afflicted by addiction in some form or another.
With problems escalating in these ways, it hasn’t taken long for the individual residents of this area to come together and ask for help with their drug problem. For sure, a desire to have a solution to the problem is one thing, but to actually find the solution is quite another. Thankfully though, a solution does exist for those addicted in Eastvale though it has not been completely introduced yet.
This is speaking of course of the rehabilitation of those addicted to drugs and alcohol in Eastvale with the help of inpatient, residential, drug and alcohol addiction and dependence treatment centers, detox facilities, rehab programs, and recovery organizations. There are many advantages to inpatient rehabilitation facilities; they truly are the most successful in this area, and it is these programs that will ultimately make the most difference. Now is the time for those addicted in Eastvale to throw in the towel and reach out for the helping hand that is offered by such rehab programs.