About the City of Rancho Santa Margarita: A Summary of the City and the Area
Rancho Santa Margarita is a well-known and increasingly popular city in Orange County, in the state of California, in the United States. One of Orange County’s youngest cities, Rancho Santa Margarita is a master planned community set upon rolling hills and beautiful landscapes. The population was 47,853 at the 2010 census as reported by the United States Census Bureau, up from 47,214 at the 2000 census.
Although it is named for Rancho Santa Margarita y Las Flores, which was in San Diego County, the city limits fall within the borders of Rancho Mission Viejo. Rancho Santa Margarita has begun to attract more tourism and the economy there has begun to increase rapidly. It is thought that Rancho Santa Margarita will soon experience a big population boom too.
Drug and Alcohol Addiction and Substance Abuse on the Rise in Rancho Santa Margarita
Sadly, Rancho Santa Margarita is only one of the cities in the nation that has suffered a lot recently with drug and alcohol addiction. While it is true that Rancho Santa Margarita has its own unique problems, the same could also be said for many other cities in California and all across the nation for that matter. Rancho Santa Margarita is suffering though, and some of the following statistics serve as mere examples of the addiction crisis that this nation is facing:
• In the U.S. just as a country by itself, more people, (men and women, in all income levels, in most age groups in fact), are using heroin, according to a recent report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, (www.cdc.gov). Officials attribute the trend to lower prices of heroin of course, increasing abuse of prescription opiate pain medication, (which often leads to heroin use in the first place), and other factors.
• The greatest increases in heroin abuse, the CDC says, have been in demographic groups with historically low rates of heroin use in fact, like women, people who have private health insurance, and high-income individuals. Studies also show that more than 8,200 people died of heroin overdose in 2013 alone. Between the years of 2007 and 2014, heroin arrests by the Drug Enforcement Administration nearly doubled, and surpassed marijuana arrests for the first time in truth.
Rehabilitation Sought as a Solution in Rancho Santa Margarita
There has been no doubt in anyone’s mind that drug and alcohol abuse and addiction has increased on an expanding scale at an alarming rate in Rancho Santa Margarita. This is a place that continues to suffer more so than some of the surrounding areas with drug and alcohol addiction and will probably continue to do so until fast action is taken to correct some of the concerning drug and alcohol-related issues that have been extant here. True enough, it is unlikely that this will happen quickly, but it is important that the general populace of Rancho Santa Margarita be brought to an understanding of just how serious drug and alcohol addiction is here, and this needs to be corrected now more so than ever.
The way for the addicted residents of Rancho Santa Margarita and for the community in general to truly beat addiction and to win the battle against addiction once and for all lies in those who are addicted going to an inpatient, residential, drug and alcohol addiction and dependence treatment center, detox facility, rehab program, and recovery organization. With the help of such a rehab program, truly anyone can beat addiction once and for all. Here’s how inpatient rehabilitation will help turn things around in Rancho Santa Margarita:
1. At a rehab center, one is first detoxed off of whatever chemicals and substances are in his or her body. This is a powerful and beneficial tool because, with detoxification, one effectively eradicates chemical dependence once and for all and for good. Chemical dependence must be addressed and handled permanently or it will only get worse and worse and worse.
2. Rehab centers offer stellar counseling and actual rehabilitation programs. With the help of such programs, one can actively and effectively eradicate mental, spiritual, and psychological addiction. This involves lots of one on one counseling, therapy, group sessions, cognitive methods, and rehabilitative tools and techniques. Things like relapse prevention, coping strategies, and cognitive behavioral therapy are taught during this stage of rehabilitation.
3. Finally, once one completes the two inpatient steps of treatment, one enters into aftercare. This is definitely needed in Rancho Santa Margarita as this area struggles so much with relapse problems. Aftercare is a way to continue one’s rehabilitation after he or she completes the inpatient program and it effectively cuts the chance of relapsing in half at least. With aftercare, one can continue to push towards sobriety.
No one should have to live needlessly addicted in Rancho Santa Margarita. In fact, no one needs to. This area could be totally rehabilitated and recovered very easily. It simply takes a great deal of work and effort to do so. With the help of inpatient rehab centers though, Rancho Santa Margarita can finally start making positive changes in this direction.