Elevate Addiction Services – SLT
586 Glorene Ave, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150, USA California
• Deaths due to drug overdoses have climbed significantly in recent years, sadly enough, jumping no less than one-hundred and two percent between the years of 1999 and 2010 alone to make it the leading cause of injury death in America by far, easily ahead of traffic accidents and gun-related incidents to name a few of the others.
• Many times drugs are combined with each other or with alcohol, thus increasing the odds of a fatal overdose by quite a bit. This is actually called poly-drug abuse. Drugs can interact with each other in many unintentional ways, all of which are negative, and all of which are strengthening each drug’s effects in exponential ways. More than 50 percent of overdose deaths in 2011 involved two or more drugs, or drugs and alcohol being used in tandem.
• Company drug policy makes a difference in this nation. Statistics show that workers whose employer did not have a written drug policy of any kind were actually about twice as likely to report that they used illicit drugs in the past month than employers with written policies about drug use were.
• Methamphetamine is a very strong stimulant and it has a very negative effect on people. With some methods of administration one way or another, there is a fast “rush” of euphoria followed by a long period of less intense euphoria and sluggishness. When meth is ingested, there is no rush but the high may last for as long as ten hours instead.
• The user when he or she takes meth generally feels more energetic, does not sleep for long periods and just stays awake, (usually for several days), and loses his or her appetite and does not eat either. Because of this and other factors, it is very common for meth addicts to lose large amounts of weight and to look rather gaunt, quite thin and very undernourished. He or she will probably appear unusually active but may also act nervous and anxious and generally worried about life.
• The user is likely to get overheated and have random health problems and may appear sweaty too but without being hot or without being involved in physical exertion of any kind. The person’s pupils will be dilated as well. His or her blood pressure will also increase to high levels. He or she may become sexually excited at random.If you witness these signs or symptoms within your family or with someone you know, then it is time to do something about it and really make a point to end meth abuse and addiction in your home before it is too late. The only way to effectively combat and battle meth addiction in Truckee is with effective treatment. With inpatient, residential, drug and alcohol addiction and dependence treatment centers, rehab programs, detox facilities, and recovery organizations meth addiction can be completely eradicated in any individual once and for all.