Rosemead is a well-known and popular city in Los Angeles County, in the state of California, in the United States. As of the 2010 census as reported by the United States Census Bureau, it had a population of 53,764. Rosemead is part of a cluster of cities, along with Arcadia, Temple City, Monterey Park, San Marino, and San Gabriel, in the west San Gabriel Valley. The city is known for having a growing Asian population.
As for the merits of the city itself, the city has had an affluent and booming economy ever since the end of the economic recession in 2009. Edison International, the international family of companies providing electric services, is headquartered in the city for one. Southern California Edison serves Rosemead, as well as much of Southern California.
For its educational sector, the University of the West moved from its location from Hsi Lai Temple in Hacienda Heights to its current location in Rosemead in the year of 1996. It is one of the very first Buddhist funded universities in the United States. Rosemead School of Psychology was named after its original location in Rosemead also.
Facts and Statistics Regarding the Addiction Issue in the United States and What All it Entails
The truth of the matter is that addiction is a growing issue across the entire nation and not just in Rosemead. For some statistics on it:
• As of the year of 2012, various overdose deaths involving prescription opioid analgesics of some kind, (certain kind and forms of medications used to treat pain), have increased to almost 17,000 deaths a year in the United States alone. With just pills roughly one out of every fifteen individuals who abuse them will die from them, and this is quite saddening as these are drugs that are supposed to be beneficial and helpful to the American people. They are all too often dangerous and deadly though.
• In the year of 2013, there were only a mere sixteen percent of Americans who believed and states that the United States was actually making progress in its efforts to reduce prescription drug abuse in the nation. Significantly more Americans, (an astonishing thirty-seven percent actually), admitted that they felt that the country was losing ground on the problem of prescription drug abuse. That figure is among the most pessimistic measures for any of the seven public health issues included in that particular survey, and it just goes to show the true status of substance abuse in the nation today.
Rehabilitation Sought as a Viable Solution for an Addiction Crisis in Rosemead
Hard times have fallen on the residents of Rosemead as recent years have brought on what has become the worst drug and alcohol addiction nightmare that this area has ever seen since its inception. Substance abuse in general has been getting worse and worse here as the years have gone by, coupled with increases in accidents, injuries, deaths, violence, theft, and other forms of crime. It is true to say that wherever drug abuse goes, so does follow many different types of troubles that go along with it.
This couldn’t be more true in Rosemead, and it has manifested itself in certain key statistics that apply to this city and the surrounding areas specifically. For example:
• Crime rates have more than doubled in Rosemead since the turn of the century. Mostly amongst young adults, the issue has simply worsened more and more and more as the years have gone by, culminating in a strong presence of petty crimes in the area.
• Overdoses have been a lot more prevalent in Rosemead than they ever were before. This isn’t a major densely populated area by any means, but it is all too common that addiction can make a heavy impact on the area in more way than one, and overdoses are one of those ways.
• Trafficking of drug substances across the borders of Rosemead has been a very common and prevalent issue in Rosemead as well. For this area, more drugs have been seized and taken away from individuals in this area in the last fifteen years than ever before in the history of the city.
This has been the lot of life in Rosemead and has been for some time now. If something isn’t done soon, it is feared that the situation will just get a lot worse. This is where inpatient rehabilitation comes into play for those addicted and abusing drugs and alcohol in Rosemead.
With the help of an inpatient, residential, drug and alcohol addiction and dependence treatment center, detox facility, rehabilitation program, and recovery organization anyone who is addicted in Rosemead can win the battle against drug and alcohol addiction once and for all. This is the key to solving the addiction nightmare as it has been occurring in Rosemead. For those addicted, a whole plethora of help is available at rehab centers, and rehab centers are known for having the highest success rates of actually eradicating addiction once and for all in the individuals that they treat.
With the help of these rehab programs, Rosemead can finally turn its addiction nightmare around and make positive change for the better in this area and in the surrounding areas too. It’s time for Rosemead to make a change and turn over a new leaf by rehabilitated the addicted residents there.