About the City and the Surrounding Areas of Rohnert Park
Rohnert Park is a lovely suburban city in Sonoma County, in the state of California, in the United States, located just approximately 50 miles north of the city of San Francisco. The population at the 2010 United States Census was 40,971 as reported by the United States Census Bureau. It is most easily described as an early planned city, modeled directly after Levittown, New York and Levittown, Pennsylvania. Rohnert Park is also the sister city of Hashimoto in Japan. Sonoma State University, part of the California State University system, is located in the city too.
As for its history, in the year of 1956 there were only four adults residing within the district boundaries. In the year of 1957, with the U.S. Route 101 Freeway recently completed at the Cotati bypass, Rohnert Park began to be laid out and built as a planned city in fact. In a summer election in 1962, Rohnert Park was incorporated, comprising 1,325 acres, housing an estimated 2,775 persons. It was easily the first town to incorporate in Sonoma County since the year of 1905. The neighboring town of Cotati, California, voted to incorporate the following year of 1906.
Facts and Statistics on a Rising Drug Abuse Problem in and Around Rohnert Park
Sadly, there has been a real spike in drug and alcohol abuse and addiction in and around Rohnert Park. This is an area and a place that never really used to struggle with drug and alcohol abuse and addiction until very recently. Now the situation is a major and severe one to say the least. Without a doubt the problem has only grown worse too, rather than lessening in severity. If something is not done soon to really address this, then it is feared that the problem and issue will essentially take over. For some key information on substance abuse here and across the nation too, some facts and statistics have been included below:
• Substance abuse amongst different demographics has changed a lot. More realistically, there are simply more demographics who have fallen prey to addiction now than ever before. For example, upper middle class and upper class Americans are now suffering a lot with addiction where-as was prior to the turn of the century, this demographic was almost never affected by drugs and alcohol.
• The concern here that goes above and beyond the simple growth of addiction is that, when a demographic start using and abusing drugs when they never have before they tend to die more easily because they do not know what they're doing at all when it comes to substance abuse.
• There's no question that substance abuse is going up. This is pretty easy to see and most Americans are aware of this. The real question is what to do about it. Over 120 people die in the United States every day from drugs and alcohol, and problems like this require massive intervention. Thankfully, rehabilitation has always existed as a strong way for battling and combatting against winning against an addiction crisis.
Rehabilitation Sought as a Solution for Addiction in and Around Rohnert Park
The best way to beat an addiction problem is to go through a powerful and rejuvenating inpatient, residential, drug and alcohol addiction and dependence treatment center, detox facility, rehab program, and recovery organization. With proper rehab, it is quite true to say that anyone’s addiction problem can be addressed and eradicated properly, safely, and most importantly permanently. This is of course the goal behind inpatient rehab programs. They go about achieving these goals in different ways program to program but the ultimate goal that they do achieve is the effective and successful rehabilitation of all addicted individuals who come through their doors.
1. In rehab, one will first be exposed to detoxification. With detox, one will have access to a full and complete method for beating chemical dependence to drugs and alcohol. This is of course highly beneficial and very helpful to those addicted.
2. After detox is completed, actual rehab is next. With rehab, one can find all of the help that one could possibly ever need when it comes to beating drug and alcohol addiction and substance abuse in general. Rehab helps from a mental and psychological standpoint. It handles and addresses all of the many critical pitfalls and difficulties that addicts struggle with so much.
3. Finally, once rehab is completed one tackles aftercare. With aftercare, one can really wrap up any aspect of addictive traces or ticks that might still be hiding in one’s subconscious somewhere. Aftercare is done on an outpatient basis, and it is crucial and critical for maintaining one’s sobriety once rehab itself is completed.
In Rohnert Park, this is exactly the type of care that is needed. Inpatient rehab can totally turn things around in Rohnert Park once and for all. It is hoped that this will be applied here and that it will be applied with zeal and ferocity. Addiction cannot be tolerated any longer than is necessary for those who have it in Rohnert Park, because the longer it is allowed to persist the higher the likelihood that those who are addicted will not actually be able to beat their addiction habits.