About the City of Palm Desert and A Summary and Review of the City and the Area
Palm Desert is a well-known city in Riverside County, in the state of California, in the United States, in the Coachella Valley, approximately just 14 miles east of Palm Springs and about 122 miles east of Los Angeles. The population was 48,445 at the 2010 census as reported by the United States Census Bureau, up from 41,155 at the 2000 census. The city was one of the state's fastest growing in the 1980s and 1990s, beginning with just 11,801 residents in 1980, doubling to 23,650 in 1990, 35,000 in 1995, and nearly double its 1990 population by 2000.
Being as it is a major center of growth in the Palm Springs area, Palm Desert is a popular retreat for "snowbirds" from colder climates, (the Eastern and Northern United States, and Canada and other areas), who swell its population by an estimated 31,000 each and every winter. In the past couple of years Palm Desert has seen more residents become "full-timers", mainly from the coasts and urban centers of California, who have come for both affordable and high-valued home prices alike.
Drug and Alcohol Addiction and Substance Abuse on the Rise in Palm Desert and in the Nation
Sadly, drug and alcohol addiction and substance abuse in general has been on the rise in a pretty big way all across the nation. The problem is a severe one to say the last in many different areas, and Palm Desert is just one of the more heavily affected places. For example:
• The nation has come up against some significant amounts of trouble and difficulty when it comes to drug crime. Studies now show us that roughly 40% of all traffic accidents in the United States are the result of some form of substance abuse. Studies also show us that 70% of violent crime is a result of substance abuse and over 90% of sexual harassment is a result of substance abuse.
• Between the years of 2002 and 2013, the rate of people dying from heroin-related overdoses in the U.S. almost quadrupled. This number went from only abut 800 to 1,200 around the turn of the century to about 4,000 by 2013.
• The dramatic increase in heroin deaths, as well as a spike in heroin use, is why the White House introduced a full and impressive $5 million program aimed at curbing heroin use and trafficking. Half of the money from this will go to a program that emphasizes treatment over prosecution of drug addicts for their crimes. The Washington Post first reported the plan and the reasoning behind it, citing two senior administration officials that helped write it. Obviously, heroin abuse and addiction is now so bad that the White House itself has to introduce plans to address it effectively.
Rehabilitation Sought as a Solution in Palm Deseret and Across the Nation
There is no doubt in anyone’s mind that the problem of drug and alcohol addiction is a growing one to say the least. This is an issue that has been getting worse and worse and worse and worse as the years have gone by and some areas certainly have been affected more than others. Palm Desert is one of them. Palm Desert has been affected really badly actually, and it might have been the one that has been affected the most in the area amongst the other surrounding cities and urban areas actually. If something is not done soon to try and rectify the drug problem in Palm Desert and take it down or do something about it in one way or another then it is feared that the issue will only worsen more and more to the point where the area experiences a full on epidemic and crisis of drug and alcohol addiction and substance abuse.
This is where rehabilitation comes in. A rehabilitation program is designed to help those who are addicted to drugs and alcohol to come down off of these harmful substances safely and efficiently. It is not easy to beat a drug or alcohol addiction. In fact it is a very difficult thing to do for all involved. However if any one thing can help accomplish this vendetta successfully it it the staff at an inpatient rehab center and the program itself. Inpatient rehab programs can help those addicted in Palm Desert in very specific ways too. For example:
• Palm Desert has a really bad crystal meth addiction problem. With rehab, those who are addicted to this drug can beat the habit once and for all. No other type of rehab approach really does the trick for those who are addicted to meth. In fact, inpatient rehab is really the only way to beat this habit once and for all and for good. With inpatient rehab and only with inpatient rehab, meth addiction in Palm Desert can be vanquished.
• Palm Desert needs a lot of help with their youth population. The youth population of Palm Desert suffers no more so than any other type of demographic in the area does, and this is showcased by the simple fact of their being more youths here who are addicted to drugs and alcohol than ever before. With rehab, the young adults of the area who are sadly addicted to drugs and alcohol can finally be freed from their damaging and dangerous drug problems. Only inpatient rehab can help youth drug addicts because only inpatient rehab centers offer extensive enough of programs to effectively combat this issue once and for all.
With rehab, there is hope for those addicted in Palm Desert. The hope for a better future here might seem to be just a glimmer, but it is very real and very true, and it is in fact very tangible indeed. For those who are addicted to drugs and alcohol, the best way for them to beat the habit once and for all lies in those who are addicted taking a course through an inpatient rehab program. It is of the utmost importance that they do this now so that addiction here can finally be beaten once and for all.