Los Gatos is and has been a pleasant incorporated U.S. town in Santa Clara County, in the state of California. The population was 30,391 according to the 2013 United States Census Bureau’s annual estimate. According to Bloomberg Businessweek, Los Gatos is ranked the 33rd wealthiest city in the entire United States.
Los Gatos is located in the San Francisco Bay Area at the southwest corner of San Jose in the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains. Los Gatos is part of Silicon Valley, with several high technology companies maintaining a presence there and creating a strong central economy for the city and the surrounding areas too. Most notably, streaming and content creator, Netflix is headquartered in Los Gatos and has developed a large presence in the area.
Drug Abuse Breaking Records in the Once Peaceful City of Los Gatos
With the effects of the economic crisis of 2008 in full swing at that time, the drug addicted population of California in a big way could no longer afford drugs and alcohol and other similar substances like it. What happened next was pretty grim.
California drug dealers, drug traffickers, pushers, and criminals sought to sell drugs to higher class Americans, Americans that would have more money to be able to afford drugs as the current substance abusing population was essentially broke. The truth of the matter was that at that time, the only really effective way to address addiction was to try to stop using it on one’s own, though some rehab programs did exist.
Now there are other methods, and with the high influx of drugs and alcohol into and around Los Gatos thanks to drug dealers moving there, it is of the utmost importance that those who are addicted here and their families look into options that will help them the most.
Statistics on the Problem in Los Gatos and the Nation
To better understand the drug problem, some key facts have been included below:
• Crime and substance abuse are very closely linked. Eighty percent of offenders abuse drugs or alcohol.
• Nearly 50% of jail and prison inmates are clinically addicted to a substance.
• Approximately 60% of individuals arrested for most types of crimes test positive for illegal drugs at arrest. Realistically, these two factors, crime and substance abuse, actually appear together more often than they do separately.
• Ninety-five percent of all sexual assaults occur with one or more of the individuals involved under the influence of drugs or alcohol. A lot of time, violence occurs with the offender being under the influence. More than half of all thefts are brought on by a need for drug money.
• About a little more than three million violent crimes occur each year in which victims perceive the offender to have been drinking and statistics related to alcohol use by violent offenders generally show that about half of all homicides and assaults are committed when the offender, victim, or both have been drinking.
• Among violent crimes, with the exception of only robberies, the offender is far more likely to have been drinking than under the influence of other drugs.
Rehabilitation: How Los Gatos Residents can Beat Addiction Once and for All
Drug and alcohol addiction affects different geographic areas differently, and this one has suffered a lot when it comes to substance abuse related crime and violence. All of this simply heightens the need for rehabilitation here. When it comes to rehabilitation, the most successful kind by far is of an inpatient nature. More specifically, inpatient, residential, drug and alcohol addiction and dependence treatment centers, detox facilities, rehabilitation programs, and recovery organizations have the most success for those addicted in Los Gatos.
Inpatient rehabilitation works best for those addicted in Los Gatos because rehabilitation actually has the tools, techniques, counseling, electives, group sessions, and different multiple modalities that are essentially needed to harness a full recovery from substance addiction. Therapies and treatments like this are exactly what is needed in Los Gatos.
At an inpatient rehabilitation center, one will first be exposed to a full and complete detoxification program. With detox, one will essentially be able to cure oneself of all chemical dependence to drugs and alcohol. This is highly beneficial and very necessary, as one cannot really focus on actual rehabilitation until detoxification itself is complete.
After detoxification is complete, one then moves onto the actual rehabilitation side of the program. With rehabilitation, one will gain access to all of the different types of counseling methods that addiction treatment has to offer. This is a very necessary aspect because they get down to the root of one's addiction and find the actual, mental cause to it. With this approach, one can actually work on improving oneself and beating addiction from the inside out.
Los Gatos has a tough battle ahead of it. This area has suffered a lot when it comes to addiction in recent years. It will certainly suffer more if nothing is done about it. Rehabilitation will make a difference here though. It is now up to all of those addicted in this area and their families to ensure that this problem be stopped once and for all.