Elevate Addiction Services – SLT
586 Glorene Ave, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150, USA California
• The number of people receiving treatment for addiction to painkillers and sedatives has doubled in fact since 2002.
• In the year 2010, around 13 million people have abused methamphetamines in their life and approximately 350,000 people were regular users. This number increased by over 80,000 no less the following year.
• There were approximately about 160,000 amphetamine and methamphetamine related emergency room visits in the year 2011.
• Use of amphetamines is increasing among various college students. One study across a hundred different colleges showed nearly 7% of college students use amphetamines illegally. Over 25% of students in fact reported use in the past year.
• A study by the UCLA revealed that methamphetamines release nearly 4 times as much dopamine as cocaine, which means the substance is much more addictive in fact.