Elevate Addiction Services – SLT
586 Glorene Ave, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150, USA California
• Loss of Control: Drinking or drugging more than a person wants to, for longer than they intended, or despite telling themselves that they wouldn’t do it this time.
• Neglecting Other Activities: Spending less time on activities that used to be important (hanging out with family and friends, exercising, pursuing hobbies or other interests) because of the use of alcohol or drugs; drop in attendance and performance at work or school.
• Risk Taking: More likely to take serious risks in order to obtain one’s drug of choice.
• Relationship Issues: People struggling with addiction are known to act out against those closest to them, particularly if someone is attempting to address their substance problems; complaints from co-workers, supervisors, teachers or classmates.
• Secrecy: Going out of one’s way to hide the amount of drugs or alcohol consumed or one’s activities when drinking or drugging; unexplained injuries or accidents.
• Changing Appearance: Serious changes or deterioration in hygiene or physical appearance – lack of showering, slovenly appearance, and unclean clothes.
• Family History: A family history of addiction can dramatically increase one's predisposition to substance abuse.
• Tolerance: Over time, a person's body adapts to a substance to the point that they need more and more of it in order to have the same reaction.
• Withdrawal: As the effect of the alcohol or drugs wear off the person may experience symptoms such as: anxiety or jumpiness; shakiness or trembling; sweating, nausea and vomiting, insomnia, depression, irritability, fatigue or loss of appetite and headaches.
• Continued Use Despite Negative Consequences: Even though it is causing problems (on the job, in relationships, for one’s health), a person continues drinking and drugging.If you see these manifestations in a loved one, then it is obvious that their use of substances has gone into the range and the level of being actually very dangerous and deadly. This is the time to act, and this is the time to try and get them into a rehab center for addiction. No matter what, stay cool. It is easy to lose your temper when trying to talk to an addict because they can be awfully dense. Addicts really do have a way of infuriating even the most patient of people out there. Go into your discussion with a calm and clear head and be determined to be patient and to not explode despite your frustrations about the situation. Any addict will definitely most likely lose his cool, but don’t take the bait on that. Tell him that you didn’t approach him to have an argument and that you want to discuss the situation like adults and not argue or complain about it. King City is certainly a devastating issue to say the least, but it is by no means a permanent one. In fact, there are a lot of rehab centers that can easily and successfully address the addiction crisis in King City. No matter how badly one is addicted to drugs and alcohol, rehab in California is always a legitimate course of action that can be taken to address these issues once and for all. Even people who have been addicted to drugs and alcohol for years and decades even can still find sobriety from their addiction crisis. This truly is the solution to addiction problems in King City.