About the City of Campbell: A Little About the City and its Interesting Points and Highlights
Campbell is a very beautiful and small city in Santa Clara County, California, and part of Silicon Valley, in the San Francisco Bay Area. As of the year of 2010’s U.S. Census report as brought to us by the United States Census Bureau, Campbell's population is 39,349. Although not a major high-tech city like many of its neighbors, Campbell is the original home of eBay and of its creator, Pierre Omidyar.
Campbell is noted for being the home to the Pruneyard Shopping Center, a sprawling open-air retail complex which was involved in a famous U.S. Supreme Court case that established the extent of the right to free speech in California. Today the Pruneyard Shopping Center is home to the South Bay offices of the Federal Bureau of Investigation as well.
Facts and Statistics on Addiction and Substance Abuse and Dependence in Campbell and Across the Nation
There is no doubt in anyone’s minds that drug and alcohol abuse and addiction are both on their way up and in a big way too. For example:
• In 2010, drug and alcohol abuse planted itself firmly in third place for leading causes of preventable death in the United States. This should have been a major wakeup call for such addicts, but as is it addiction is far more powerful than common sense. In the United States today, drug and alcohol abuse kills more Americans than all other types of preventable causes of death except for smoking and obesity. For additional insight into this, total drug overdoses killed more Americans than firearms or motor vehicle accidents in 2010, and in all the years following.
• Crack cocaine is the newest and most popular way to abuse cocaine. Crack cocaine abuse has spiraled out of control in the United States, and is now rivaling the crystal meth epidemic. For example, crack cocaine was actually the primary drug of choice in 178,475 admissions to treatment in 2006. This high number represented over seventy percent of all primary cocaine admissions to treatment in that year, making crack cocaine far more popular than powder cocaine.
• Adolescent drinking in the United States is just one of many of the different areas of drug and alcohol abuse that has begun to warrant serious attention and addressment. According to a very specific 2013 National Survey on Drug Use and Health survey that examined adolescent drinking, it was found that approximately five and a half million young adults between the ages of twelve and twenty were heavy, regular, addicted, and consistent binge drinkers.
Rehab Sought as a Solution in Campbell
For some time now there has been a lot of concern and consternation on the rising drug and alcohol addiction and substance abuse problem in and around Campbell. An issue that has hit hard and in a strong way, especially since the turn of the century. There has always been an average to moderate substance abuse and addiction problem in and around Campbell, but recent years have really seen a strong upswing in the substance abuse problem here. The result has been a saddening and extreme one, to say the least. More and more Americans in and around these areas have fallen pretty to the addiction nightmare and more and more Americans in and around this area have sadly lost their lives to substance abuse and addiction too. If something is not done soon to prevent this, then it is feared that the issue will certainly take over and make a very devastating impact indeed.
The key for winning against addiction in and around Campbell lies in those who are addicted going into an inpatient, residential, drug and alcohol addiction and dependence treatment center, detox facility, rehab program, and recovery organization. With the help of rehab, it actually becomes possible for those who are afflicted and addicted to be able to effectively and easily win there battle against addiction once and for all. Rehab helps those addicted in Campbell in two major ways.
1. The first is with detoxification. No one who is not first detoxed off of drugs and alcohol will be able to find solace and recovery and happiness from drug and alcohol addiction and substance abuse in general. They need to have the chemical substances taken out of their bodies first, and this is what detoxification and assisted withdrawal are for. It is a very effective, inpatient, residential process and it makes coming down off of drugs and alcohol much more comfortable and far less unpleasant.
2. After detox is completed, rehab is begun. With rehab, one can finally have access to all of the counseling, therapy, cognitive skills, life skills, moral recognition therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, relapse prevention, and coping strategies necessary to effectively and easily triumph against drug and alcohol addiction once and for all.
The era of substance abuse and addiction is a tricky and difficult one, to say the least. In Campbell, it needs to be cut back. Now more than ever it is time for those who are addicted and afflicted to stand up and make a change in their lives once and for all.