Elevate Addiction Services – SLT
586 Glorene Ave, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150, USA California
• You're not using medications in the way that they're prescribed. You take larger doses of such medications, or take the drug more often than the actual prescription calls for. Or you use the medicine in a form not prescribed, such as crushing pills and snorting them.
• You go to more than one doctor to get prescriptions for the same drug or problem and you doctor shop.
• You use meds prescribed for other people and not for you.
• You avoid telling the doctor about all the drugs that you're taking and you lie to your doctor.
• You keep taking a drug after it's no longer needed for a health problem and you find some other way of getting them.
• You look in other people's medicine cabinets for drugs to take and you steal them.
• You take prescribed meds with alcohol or other drugs too.
• You need more and more of a substance to get the same effects (called "tolerance"), and you can take more before you feel an effect, and you continue to build up this tolerance.
• You feel strange when the drug eventually wears off. You may be shaky, depressed, sick to your stomach, sweat, or have headaches. You may also be tired or not hungry. In severe cases, you could even be confused, have seizures, or run a fever. These are all withdrawal effects and are indicative of addiction.
• You can't stop yourself from using the drug, even if you want to. You are still using even though it's making bad things happen in your life, like trouble with friends, family, work, or the law just to name a few. This is a clear sign of addiction.These are just a few of the signs of addiction. If you live in California City and you feel that this is the case, then it is time to seek out rehabilitation. With rehabilitation, addiction can be eradicated once and for all and proper changes can be made to live a clean and sober life.