Elevate Addiction Services – SLT
586 Glorene Ave, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150, USA California
• Addiction alters your overall health. Signs of addiction commonly include health issues that may vary depending on the drug, but typically include fatigue, irregular sleeping patterns, nosebleeds, vomiting, headaches, memory loss, seizures, dry mouth, and persistent illness.
• Unexplained personality changes are a common sign of addiction for both drug and alcohol use. These changes may include a sudden loss of conscience or inhibition, loud or obnoxious behavior, out of character isolation, excitement, or hyperactivity.
• Drug addiction symptoms can often cause mental health symptoms because many drugs chemically alter the brain. These signs can include paranoia, hearing voices, and compulsive actions.
• Drugs and alcohol are classified as stimulants and depressants and these can alter a person’s emotional state. Because of this action, sudden or unexplained depression, mood swings or hostility, and aggression are common signs of addiction.
• Problems at work or school are common red flags that indicate a drug or alcohol addiction.
• Unexplained absences, lateness, and problems with peers or coworkers can indicate the presence of an addiction.
• If you notice that a loved one locks doors or suddenly becomes secretive, uses air fresheners or perfumes excessively, or that you have missing medication, alcohol, cleaners, or other chemical products, these may indicate a drug or alcohol addiction.If these are problems that you have seen in your life or in the life of someone you know, then it is time to pursue rehabilitation. Rehabilitation, or the act of putting those who are addicted to drugs and alcohol into an addiction or dependence treatment center, is the only way that Auburn can start to make progress towards becoming a clean and sober city. If rehabilitation is pursued, this city can finally get back on track and work back towards the city-wide sobriety that it once knew.