Aliso Viejo is a lovely city in the San Joaquin Hills of southern Orange County, in the state of California, in the United States. It had a population of 47,823 as of the 2010 census as reported by the United States Census Bureau, up from 40,166 as of the 2000 census. It became Orange County's 34th city on July 1, 2001, the only city in Orange County to be incorporated since 2000. It is bordered by the cities of Laguna Beach on the west and southwest, Laguna Hills on the east, Laguna Niguel on the southeast, and Laguna Woods on the north.
Some of the points of interest that have begun to attract more tourism to this city are:
• Aliso Viejo Town Center features a movie theater, a wide variety of casual dining restaurants, PetSmart, a Barnes & Noble, a Ralphs supermarket, as well as other shops. It also includes Grand Park which is a center for community concerts and events too.
• The infamous Aliso Viejo Library, a branch of the Orange County Public Library system, opened on January 31, 1998.
• Aliso Viejo Golf Course was designed by Nicklaus Design in 1999 and became the Aliso Viejo Country Club with a redesign in 2005 that attracts many.
• Soka University was dedicated on May 3, 2001, with a 103-acre campus and 18 buildings, a $250 million (land and construction) project too.
• Soka Performing Arts Center, a 1000-seat concert hall with acoustics designed by Yasuhisa Toyota (who also designed Walt Disney Concert Hall,) opened in September 2011.
• Renaissance ClubSport is a $65 million property which opened in July 2008. It is Marriott's second hotel and fitness resort created in conjunction with Leisure Sports, Inc. (ClubSport) to fulfill the growing demand by local residents and hotel guests for a healthier lifestyle.
Drug Addiction Facts and Statistics
The city of Aliso Viejo is not the only place that has begun to experience serious addiction problems and concerns. There are other cities with similar problems; hundreds of other cities in fact. Some of the problems they experience are like the following examples:
• Approximately 120 people die each day in the United States of a drug overdose. Not all of these drug overdoses are from heroin; they are often just from pills or other illegal substances. The proof is in the pudding, though, with more Americans abusing drugs and dying from drugs than ever before.
• Drug and alcohol addiction and substance abuse, in general, has gotten a lot more common and popular of late. Now, the issues have soon gone above and beyond anything that it was before. Truthfully, addiction has become something totally new and disturbing and very concerning for those who have been afflicted with it.
Rehabilitation Sought as a Solution for the Addiction Troubles in the Nation
Drug and alcohol addiction and the general problem of substance abuse has grown more and more concerning as the years have gone by not just for Aliso Viejo but for the entire United States for that matter. This is an issue that, since the turn of the century, has done nothing but worsen as the years have gone by. For Aliso Viejo in particular, increased trafficking of illegal drugs into the city coupled with increases in the use and abuse of prescription pills and alcohol both have all added up to a concerning and worrying substance abuse crisis for this city and the surrounding areas too. In times like these, it is of the utmost importance that the residents and locals of the city come together to try and figure out a solution to the rising crisis.
The best and really the only way to properly address and eradicate a drug addiction problem of this magnitude lies in those who are addicted taking a full and complete course through an inpatient, residential, drug and alcohol addiction and dependence treatment center, detox facility, rehab program, and recovery organization. With the help that is offered at such centers those who are addicted will finally be able to win the battle against drug and alcohol addiction once and for all.
The powerful help of inpatient rehab programs come from their stellar detoxification services as well as their mighty rehabilitative tools and techniques too. All of those come together and combine to make powerful and very effective tools and solutions for those who are still addicted and struggling with a substance abuse problem of some kind. The strengths of those programs can easily be broken down into two main points:
1. Detoxification. No one can beat addiction without first addressing the chemical and physical side to the habit. This is done with the individual going through a medical and holistic detoxification program. These are always offered as the first step to take at a rehabilitation center. Detox effectively rids the body of the chemical and physiological aspects of drug dependence. With this out of the way, the individual will no longer feel physical cravings to take drugs and alcohol. This is a huge bonus as the individual can actually concentrate on rehab now.
2. The next step is of course rehab. With rehab, one can address the mental and psychological aspects of addiction. When this is done properly, the individual will be able to get rid of all of the mental and psychological stimulus that causes him or her to abuse drugs and alcohol.
In the end, it is of the utmost importance to fully rehabilitate Aliso Viejo. The time is now for those addicted here to stand up and make a change in their lives by seeking out rehabilitation in California.