Delaware Drug Rehabilitation
Are you or a loved one looking for a drug rehab facility in Delaware? If so, help is just a phone call away. Call us now at 877-420-2948 for immediate assistance.
Delaware is small state located on the Atlantic Coast in the Mid-Atlantic region of the United States. Located in the Delmarva Peninsula it is the second smallest state by area, and the sixth least populated. It is sixth most densely populated of the 50 United States.
Delaware is known as The First State as it was the first of the original 13 colonies to ratify the Constitution of the United States. The state is broken up into three counties New Castle, Kent, and Sussex. Historically the two southern counties have been predominantly agricultural, and New Castle County has become more industrialized.
Delaware produces agricultural output that includes poultry, soybeans, corn, nursery stock, and dairy products. The state also has major employers in government, education, banking, chemical, pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare. Delaware’s beach resorts include Rehoboth Beach, Dewey Beach, Fenwick Island, and Bethany Beach. Rehoboth beach refers to itself as “The Nation’s Summer Capital” since it is a frequent summer vacation destination for residents of Washington, D.C.
The Delaware Addiction Problem
Overall Delaware residents abuse alcohol and drugs at a slightly higher rate than the national average. The state’s rate of drug-induced deaths is also higher than the national average. According to a 2011 report from the White House Delaware was one of the top ten states for rates in several categories of illicit drug-use, including:
- Past-year marijuana use among persons age 12-17
- Illicit drug dependence among young adults age 18-25
- Illicit drug dependence among persons age 12-17
These statistics are troubling because there is a higher incidence of addiction for individuals who start abusing alcohol and drugs at an early age. They are also an indication that illicit substances are widely available in the state which means that the addiction problem with likely get worse before it gets better. With a large number of young adults becoming addicted to alcohol and drugs the availability and demand can potentially grow and spread into new areas.
To better understand how residents of the state abuse substances it is helpful to look at the primary reasons for treatment admissions at Delaware drug rehab facilities. According to data from Delaware Health and Social Services the following is a list of the primary admissions for substance abuse treatment throughout the state in order:
- Alcohol – Alcohol continues to be the most commonly cited substance in treatment center admissions in most parts of the country. In Delaware 41 percent of all rehab clients list alcohol alone or alcohol and other drugs as their reason for needing help. While alcohol tops the list in the state it is followed more closely by other substances than it is in many areas in the country.
- Other opiates – Prescription medications, primarily narcotic pain relievers being used for non-medical purposes, are the most commonly cited illicit drugs among treatment admissions in Delaware drug rehab facilities. Prescription drug abuse is the nation’s fastest growing drug problem and has been classified as an epidemic by the Centers for Disease Control.
- Marijuana – Pot is the most widely used illicit drug in the world and ranks number one for primary treatment admissions in most states. In Delaware it ranks second, but only by a very small margin.
- Heroin – Delaware drug rehab facilities see nearly an identical amount of admissions for heroin as they do for pills and marijuana. Heroin use has been on a continual slight decline since it peaked in 2000. During that same timeframe other opiate use has steadily increased which means that there are more opiate addicts in the state overall.
- Cocaine – Cocaine and crack round out the list, and while their rate of admissions is lower than the other substances it is still significant.
All of the above substances have different signs and symptoms associated with their addiction, but they all have a high incidence of dependence with regular use. When this happens changes occur in the brain, which make quitting very difficult. Regardless of the drug of choice most addicts need help achieve and maintain long-term abstinence. This is primarily due to the long-lasting symptoms addiction produces which can persist for several months after the individual has stopped using.
When dependence to drugs or alcohol sets in many addicts try to stop on their own. This can lead to a string of relapses, and create a sense of hopelessness. Delaware drug rehab centers use a comprehensive approach that not only gets their clients off of drugs, but also teaches them how to remain that way.
Using a combination of detoxification, stabilization, group therapy, and skills building addicts are able to maintain sobriety after treatment is complete. Delaware drug rehab facilities understand the obstacles that get in the way in early recovery, and teach their clients relapse-prevention skills to give them their best chance at long-term success.
How to Find Help through Delaware Drug Rehab Facilities
Due to its complex nature addiction rarely gets better when left untreated. Substance abuse treatment is not only suggested it is often necessary for a full recovery. Addicts and their loved ones may feel overwhelmed with all the options that are available, and for this reason there are professional treatment specialists available to help guide them through the process. Finding an effective addiction recovery solution can be a lifesaving decision, and it is important to use all the available help to make the best decision.
Treatment specialists can work with families to ensure they understand all of the options. There are a number of factors to consider which include location, type of program, duration of stay, and payment options. Delaware drug rehab facilities are widely available with a variety of services which are designed to cater to addicts of all backgrounds and means. Addiction recovery can be a long-term process, but it is possible for any addict to recover if they are willing to reach out for help.
If you or someone you love is struggling with addiction find the help you need today. Find the right Delaware drug rehab facility and get started on the road to recovery right now. Call us at 877-420-2948 for more information.
Addiction is insidious because it can be so hard to recognize. People who suffer from chemical dependency often don’t understand the full extent of their problem. Loved ones of people who suffer from addiction might not realize how bad the problem is either a... Read More...
If someone you love is addicted to drugs or alcohol, you’re probably wondering how you can get them help. You can’t force someone into rehab, but you can encourage them to choose it for themselves. Approaching your loved one from a place of caring and respect is crucial. If you’re considering an... Read More...
If you’re considering addiction treatment, you’re probably weighing the pros and cons of outpatient versus inpatient rehab. Which one should you choose? Outpatient rehab is often more affordable than inpatient treatment, and it can be very effective for patients who have a strong support network, stable... Read More...