The City of Santee, California: What the City has to Offer
Santee is a lovely, popular, and desired suburban city of San Diego in San Diego County, California, with a population of 53,413 at the 2010 census as reported by the United States Census Bureau. Although it by itself is a part of the East County region, Santee is located just 18 miles from the Pacific Ocean. The city is now connected to the coastline by State Route 52, a beautiful, scenic, six-lane freeway that runs from Interstate 5 in La Jolla to State Route 67 in El Cajon.
The city is bisected by the San Diego River, a linear greenbelt that includes parks, trails and more than 1,100 acres of natural riparian habitat. This scenic aspect to the city has made it all the more desirable for the middle class and the upper middle class of California.
Facts and Statistics on the Addiction Crisis in Santee and Across the Country
To better understand the drug and alcohol addiction crisis as it currently stands in the United States, some facts and statistics have been included below on it:
• In the year of 2010, pharmaceutical drug overdoses were established as one of the leading causes of death in the United States. Closely following behind them, heroin was also making a huge name for itself too. Total drug overdoses killed more Americans than firearms or motor vehicle accidents in 2010, and the same has occurred every year since then. In truth, drug overdoses are now the third leading cause of preventable death in the United States, following behind just smoking and obesity.
• In the year of 2012, there were an estimated 493,000 persons of the age of 12 or older who used a prescription pain reliever non-medically for the first time within the past 12 months alone. This averages to about 1,350 initiates per day. Prior to the turn of the century, there were only a mere ten or twenty-thousand Americans who abused prescription pain relievers for the fist time every year. Truly, prescription drug abuse in the United States is now a legitimate epidemic.
• Of those who began their habit of abusing drugs in the last year alone, more than a quarter began by abusing a prescription medication, (26.0 percent all in all, including 17.0 percent with pain relievers, 4.1 percent with tranquilizers, 3.6 percent with stimulants, and 1.3 percent with sedatives). Almost fifty percent began with marijuana, and the rest began with either alcohol or some other type of drug.
Rehabilitation: How Those Who are Addicted are Beating their Addiction Habits
Drug and alcohol abuse and addiction has been going on for quite some time now in Santee, and it has been getting worse and worse as the years have gone by. This is an area that, prior to the turn of the century, never really did experience a great deal of addiction problems. The occasional overdose, the occasional drunk driving accident, the occasional drug or alcohol-related crime, these were the lot of life in Santee prior to the turn of the century. Now however, these problem areas see new occurrences on a weekly basis. If something isn’t done soon about it then it will only get worse too, as drug and alcohol addiction is not something that just goes away on its own.
For those addicted in Santee, this is where rehabilitation comes in or, more specifically, rehabilitation through taking a course at an inpatient, residential, drug and alcohol addiction and dependence treatment center, detox facility, rehab program, and recovery organization. With the help of programs like holistic treatment, the addicted residents of Santee will experience:
1. A full and complete detoxification experience. With detox, really anyone can beat any level or degree of chemical dependence and reliance on drugs and alcohol once and for all and for good. Detox enables the individuals to come down off of whatever drug chemicals are in his or her system. Detox is the effective way to cure chemical dependence and physical addiction both.
2. A thorough and extensive residential rehabilitation program. Though physical addiction is extensive and severe, it does not even begin to hold a candle to the mental, spiritual, and psychological aspects of drug and alcohol addiction. These are what are handled and addressed with rehabilitation itself. Counseling, therapy, group sessions, one on one sessions, electives, relapse prevention, and coping strategies are what handle this area.
3. A lasting and all-encompassing aftercare program. Inpatient rehabilitation for a relatively short duration of time in rehab is not enough to completely eradicate addiction once and for all. This is why aftercare is so necessary. With the proper aftercare program, those who have fallen to addiction in Santee but then came back from the mire of substance abuse and went to a rehab program can now having continuous support after rehab is completed.
These are the keys and the successful actions when it comes to beating drug and alcohol addiction once and for all. With this help, anyone who is addicted in Santee can drop the shackles of addiction once and for all. It’s time for these addicts to rise up and make a change in their area.
Addiction is insidious because it can be so hard to recognize. People who suffer from chemical dependency often don’t understand the full extent of their problem. Loved ones of people who suffer from addiction might not realize how bad the problem is either a... Read More...
If someone you love is addicted to drugs or alcohol, you’re probably wondering how you can get them help. You can’t force someone into rehab, but you can encourage them to choose it for themselves. Approaching your loved one from a place of caring and respect is crucial. If you’re considering an... Read More...
If you’re considering addiction treatment, you’re probably weighing the pros and cons of outpatient versus inpatient rehab. Which one should you choose? Outpatient rehab is often more affordable than inpatient treatment, and it can be very effective for patients who have a strong support network, stable... Read More...