About the City of Monrovia, California
Monrovia is a pleasant city located in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains in the San Gabriel Valley of Los Angeles County, California, United States. The population was 36,590 at the 2010 census as reported by the United States Census Bureau, down from 36,929 in 2000. Monrovia has been used for filming TV shows, movies and commercials.
Original Tommy’s, Trader Joe’s, Green Dot and Naked Juice are based in Monrovia. Monrovia has a “Technology Corridor,” which includes AeroVironment, Tanner Research, Parasoft, Xencor, and ITT Deep Space Division. The city has a good economy and a strong infrastructure.
Drug and Alcohol Addiction and Substance Abuse in the City of Monrovia and Across the Nation
There has been some serious addiction issues in and around Monrovia. There is no doubt about it, the problem has persisted time and time again and all across the nation too. For example:
• One truth that has stood out among all the rest when it comes to addiction in the United States today has been the simple fact that more and more people are abusing drugs and alcohol than ever before. The simple truth of this has been displayed in the ever and ever changing aspect of substance abuse as a criminal activity. Now, this is considered more of something that should be frowned upon rather than an illegal and punishable action.
• Americans are far more excepting of substance abuse particularly among young adults, than they ever were before. Studies now show that a large percentage of the American population simply use substance-abuse amongst young adults as something that is going to happen and should be stopped but will probably occur anyways. This type of permissiveness is what has allowed so many young adults to become addicted to drugs and alcohol today. This viewpoint needs to change into one that is far more unaccepting of substance abuse amongst adolescents or simply more lives will be lost as a result.
• Heroin abuse and addiction has been making a comeback in the United States for some time now. This is an issue that has always to some degree or another been a concern, but now it has become apparent that the problem is a lot worse than it was before. In a lot of ways this has been brought on by recent increases in prescription drug abuse. Particularly with opiate prescription drugs, pills have a very similar effect on an individual as heroin. The result has been tandem abuse back-and-forth between these two substances.
• Effectively, alcohol abuse and addiction has also begun to have some very terrible effects on United States. Just because of alcohol alone, over 60,000 Americans die every year either as a result of abusing alcohol themselves or as a result of being the victim of someone who was abusing alcohol. Alcohol, though it is legal is also one of the most difficult substances to stop using and abusing. It is so heavily addictive that it can actually threaten one’s life to come down off of it without professional help. This is a substance that is marketed and sold legally all across the country and is in fact encouraged.
• A particularly cruel aspect of addiction is how difficult it is to stop using and abusing drugs once one has begun. Simply stated, once one has begun abusing drugs and alcohol he or she will find that it is next to impossible to stop using. Almost 100% of all individuals who are addicted to drugs and alcohol will need professional help to stop using. Luckily there are inpatient, residential, drug and alcohol addiction and dependence treatment centers, detox facilities, rehabilitation programs, and recovery centers for this exact purpose. However, not everyone actually makes it into one of these centers. In fact, close to 1 million Americans become newly addicted to drugs and alcohol every year, whereas only a couple hundred thousand go through rehabilitation every year.
• A real crisis that is occurring in the United States right now has been with substance abuse as it appears on a family scale. Substance abuse is so prevalent in American culture now that about fifteen percent of Americans are actually related to someone who is abusing drugs and alcohol. This has a very negative affect in that, addiction spreads based off of one’s exposure to it. Those who have a have a family member or loved one who is addicted to drugs and alcohol are a lot more likely to end up of abusing drugs and alcohol themselves.
• Substance abuse is no joke. It’s also not something to be taken lightly. A lot of people, particularly young adults, feel as though they can take drugs once or twice with little to no repercussions. This is not the case though and it never has been. In truth, substance abuse and addiction go hand in hand and with a lot of drugs, meaning that just one use is enough to get hooked on it. With some drugs, death can occur even after just one use.
Rehabilitation Sought as a Solution for Addiction
For some time now drug and alcohol addiction and substance abuse in general has become a very serious and conflicting issue in and around the city of Monrovia. This is a city that, prior to the turn of the century, never really had to struggle with anything more than average level substance abuse issues. That has all changed now though. Rampant addiction problems have come about in Monrovia and the result has been that many have come down with serious substance abuse crisis issues. Some have already died from them, and many more have gotten into serious legal trouble.
From a long term perspective, if something isn’t done soon to rectify the addition crisis as it is currently occurring then it is feared that the problem will only get much, much, much worse before it gets any better.
The key to fighting back against and visibly winning against addiction lies in those who are addicted and afflicted going through a full and complete inpatient, residential, drug and alcohol addiction and dependence treatment center, detox facility, rehabilitation program, and recovery organization. Much can be gained from going to such a centre and in fact, one’s life will ultimately be saved. With rehab, one will experience two key aspects of the recovery process that will make all the difference and that that cannot be offered at other types of programs. These are:
1. Detoxification. Detoxification is the process or rather the art of medically and holistically both pulling all of the toxins and chemicals that resemble drugs and alcohol out of an individual’s body to release them from the chemical and physiological craving for the drug. When this is completed, one will no longer be the effect of physical addiction.
2. The second is the actual rehabilitation itself. In this sector of the program, one will be able to participate in several different modes and styles of counseling and therapy that all have as their main goal the recovery of one’s addiction-strewn mind. After this is completed, one will no longer have the mental or spiritual impulse to use drugs or abuse alcohol.
Addiction may certainly be a terrible thing in Monrovia. It does not have to be that way though. Now is the time more so than ever for those who are addicted here to rise up and make positive changes in their lives.
Addiction is insidious because it can be so hard to recognize. People who suffer from chemical dependency often don’t understand the full extent of their problem. Loved ones of people who suffer from addiction might not realize how bad the problem is either a... Read More...
If someone you love is addicted to drugs or alcohol, you’re probably wondering how you can get them help. You can’t force someone into rehab, but you can encourage them to choose it for themselves. Approaching your loved one from a place of caring and respect is crucial. If you’re considering an... Read More...
If you’re considering addiction treatment, you’re probably weighing the pros and cons of outpatient versus inpatient rehab. Which one should you choose? Outpatient rehab is often more affordable than inpatient treatment, and it can be very effective for patients who have a strong support network, stable... Read More...