About the City of Lake Elsinore, California
Lake Elsinore is a lovely and popular city in western Riverside County, in the state of California, in the United States. Established as a city in the year of 1888, it is on the shore of Lake Elsinore, a natural freshwater lake about 3,000 acres in size. The city has grown from a small resort town in the late 19th century and early 20th century to a population of 51,821 at the 2010 census as reported by the United States Census Bureau.
This is a city that has quickly become one of the most popular tourist destinations in the entire state of California, and in the entire United States for that matter. For some time now this area has been highly desired by locals and people from out of town alike. The city has grown and grown as the years have gone by, and there has been no real sign of the prosperity of this city going down at all, except for the rising issue of substance abuse there.
Drug Addiction and Substance Abuse on the Rise on Lake Elsinore and the Nation
There has been a significant rise in substance abuse not only in this area but all across the nation for that matter. The issue has gotten some pretty severe, and the following statistics highlight these issues:
• The National Institute on Drug abuse estimates about 75% of cocaine users go on to become heavy users. Cocaine to this day has become the most used and abused drug from first use of the drug to the end. This means that, percentage-wise, individuals who try cocaine even if just once are in fact highly likely to go on to abuse more and more cocaine in the future, even if they know it is the wrong thing to do. This is a big problem in Lake Elsinore.
• In the year of 1996, there were an estimated 25% of people in the U.S. smoke who smoked cigarettes. While an addiction to cigarettes does not count as a drug addiction, it does instill addictive behavior in an individual, and studies also show that a staggering eighty percent of drug and alcohol addicts are also smokers. A lot of the youth of Lake Elsinore smoke.
Rehabilitation Sought as a Solution to an Addiction Crisis in Lake Elsinore
Addiction has now become a major and impacting aspect of life not only in Lake Elsinore, but also in the state, and across the entire nation for that matter. Many feel as though the addiction issue that has traversed Lake Elsinore and the nation as a whole could not get any worse. Many are wrong about this, as there are no limits to how bad an addiction nightmare can get not only on an individual basis but also on a more wide-spread, city-to-city, state-to-state, and whole-country basis. If something is not done soon to rectify the issue in Lake Elsinore and the issue in the nation as a whole then it will only get much, much worse long before it gets any better.
The best way to tackle an addiction crisis is to first understand it. In Lake Elsinore, there are a couple factors that have contributed to this issue in a big way. Some of these have been listed below:
• Interestingly enough, Lake Elsinore happens to rest on some of the major trafficking highways that push drugs further into the state. Though Lake Elsinore is not an incredibly heavily populated city, which does not mean that a lot of drugs don’t pass through there on a weekly basis. Any city that acts as a sort of a relay point for drug trafficking always tends to pull in its own drug problem as a result of this.
• Lake Elsinore has incredibly high rates of youth drug abuse. Youths as a demographic tend to get in much more trouble when it comes to drug abuse than older adults who abuse drugs do. Car accidents, crimes, overdoses, overdose deaths, violent crimes, thefts, and collateral damage have been the lot of life in Lake Elsinore thanks to youth drug abuse.
• Lake Elsinore never really had a major drug problem of its own prior to 2010. Since this has been a very recent and powerful issue, the fact now remains that the city has not quite figured out how to address and handle the issue as it has no real experience with the issue in the past.
The key for those addicted in Lake Elsinore lies in them going through a full and complete inpatient, residential, drug and alcohol addiction and dependence treatment center, detox facility, rehab program, detox facility, and recovery organization. With help like this, anyone in or around Lake Elsinore and from other areas, can finally go free from addiction. It takes a great deal of work, but the results of these efforts are priceless and invaluable.
It is time that those who are addicted in Lake Elsinore make a change in their lives. Addiction has been allowed to run control over Lake Elsinore for too many years now. The problem won’t get any better till those who are hooked get off of drugs and alcohol, and a course through an inpatient rehab center in CA is the only way to do this successfully.
Addiction is insidious because it can be so hard to recognize. People who suffer from chemical dependency often don’t understand the full extent of their problem. Loved ones of people who suffer from addiction might not realize how bad the problem is either a... Read More...
If someone you love is addicted to drugs or alcohol, you’re probably wondering how you can get them help. You can’t force someone into rehab, but you can encourage them to choose it for themselves. Approaching your loved one from a place of caring and respect is crucial. If you’re considering an... Read More...
If you’re considering addiction treatment, you’re probably weighing the pros and cons of outpatient versus inpatient rehab. Which one should you choose? Outpatient rehab is often more affordable than inpatient treatment, and it can be very effective for patients who have a strong support network, stable... Read More...