La Palma is a beautiful city in Orange County, in the state of California, in the United States of America. The population was no less than 15,568 at the 2010 Census as reported by the United States Census Bureau, up from 15,408 at the 2000 census.
La Palma has a lot of great things going for it. In the year of 2013, La Palma was ranked in at 31st in the, “Best places to live”, among small cities, (50,000 people living in them or less), in the United States by CNN’s Money magazine. In the year of 2007, it was ranked as the 16th best place to live in the United States. The rankings are based on different things where La Palma really excels, like the small-and-friendly neighborhood vibe, high-ranking schools, low crime-rate, and the lowest police response time in the area.
A Drug Problem in La Palma
Sadly, in spite of the natural beauty and high happiness levels in La Palma, the city has not escaped the drug and alcohol addiction problem that has seemed to take over in many other parts of the nation. California in particular has seemed to be hit really hard from these issues, harder than some of the other areas that have even experiencing significant drug and alcohol addiction problems. A lot of this is because of proximity to Mexico, a lot of it is from the sheer prevalence of drugs in this area that are being abused over and over again. Another big issue here is that marijuana use and abuse is very prevalent. In fact, there is more marijuana abuse per capita in the state of California than in any other state except for the states where marijuana is completely legal.
For some general facts and statistics on drug and alcohol abuse all across the nation:
• In the year of 2013, an estimated 24.6 million Americans of the age of 12 or older, (9.4 percent of the population to be exact), had used an illicit drug in the past month alone. The statistics for 2015 is even more concerning, with the numbers actually breaking ten percent of the adult population in fact.
• The tragedy with drug and alcohol abuse and addiction is happening right now and it is happening in a very bad way too. In truth, 750,000 people actually do die in the United States every year, although not from plane crashes or car crashes or something like that. They die from something far more common and rarely perceived by the public as dangerous: modern medicine and namely prescription drugging. This is a huge problem in California.
• There’s a pretty big conspiracy going on in the United States when it comes to prescription drugs. Pharmaceutical companies spend over $2 billion sending doctors to more than 314,000 events every single year. While doctors are riding the dollar of pharmaceutical companies, enjoying all the many perks of these so called,” events,” how likely are they to question the validity of drug companies or their products and pills? Probably not that likely. Hence the tens of thousands of deaths annually from these pills, thousands of which occur in California.
Addressing Addiction in La Palma
Drug and alcohol addiction has had a pretty horrendous effect on those who live in the La Palma. This city has suffered time and time again, year after year when it comes to substance abuse problems. The crisis seems to continue on and on with no sign of it stopping or slowing down anytime soon. However, if nothing is done to prevent this then the situation here won’t get want better. La Palma is not particularly large but that has not saved it from substance abuse issues.
The key to addressing the crisis in La Palma lies and getting all who are addicted in this area into and through inpatient, residential, drug and alcohol addiction and dependence treatment centers, detox facilities, rehabilitation programs, and recovery organizations. This action more so than any other will really do something for the area and allow those who are addicted in this area to beat their habits.
Inpatient rehabilitation works for those who are addicted in La Palma in two major ways:
• The first is detoxification. Effective detoxification allows for those who are addicted to experience a fair amount of physical relief from whatever addiction crisis is troubling them. This is the key to releasing an individual from the physical and chemical dependency issues that surround addiction.
• The next aspect is the rehabilitation program itself. This is what gives an individual a fair amount of mental relief and this is what frees the individual of the mental, spiritual, psychological, and personal impulses to abuse drugs.
With both of these techniques being utilized in tandem in La Palma this area can finally start to find a fair amount of recovery and relief from their addiction problem. In time, this area will know a fair degree of freedom thanks to effective rehabilitation efforts.
Addiction is insidious because it can be so hard to recognize. People who suffer from chemical dependency often don’t understand the full extent of their problem. Loved ones of people who suffer from addiction might not realize how bad the problem is either a... Read More...
If someone you love is addicted to drugs or alcohol, you’re probably wondering how you can get them help. You can’t force someone into rehab, but you can encourage them to choose it for themselves. Approaching your loved one from a place of caring and respect is crucial. If you’re considering an... Read More...
If you’re considering addiction treatment, you’re probably weighing the pros and cons of outpatient versus inpatient rehab. Which one should you choose? Outpatient rehab is often more affordable than inpatient treatment, and it can be very effective for patients who have a strong support network, stable... Read More...