About the City of Hanford
Hanford is a very important commercial and cultural center in the south central San Joaquin Valley and is also the county seat of Kings County in the state of California in the United States. The city of Hanford is surrounded by communities that do not fall within the city limits but use the same zip code. These communities include Grangeville, Hardwick and Home Garden.
The city of Hanford itself is very much an affluent business town with culture abounding and commercial businesses and organizations all across the city. The population of the city was 53,967 at the 2010 census as reported by the United States Census Bureau. The California Department of Finance estimated that the city’s population was 55,804 as of January 1, 2015, showing a growing population there.
Facts and Statistics about Drug Abuse in Hanford and Across the Nation
Drug abuse and addiction and alcohol abuse too has been on the rise in Hanford and has been for some time now. To get some context as to just how serious of an issue this is, some facts and statistics have been included below:
• The misuse and overall abuse of painkillers represents for the nation about three-fourths of the overall problem of prescription drug abuse. There are other drugs too that Americans abuse like benzodiazepines, stimulants, depressants, tranquilizers, and steroids, but prescription pain drugs are by far the majority. The painkiller known as hydrocodone is the most commonly diverted and abused controlled pharmaceutical in the United States, followed closely by oxycodone, Percocet, opana, and dilaudid.
• Methadone is a highly controversial drug that is making serious trouble in certain areas all across the nation. However, the problem with methadone is spreading. This is a drug that was once used in various addiction treatment centers all across the nation and now it is used by doctors as a painkiller of sorts, and it was found as the cause of a shocking 785 deaths in one state alone. That state was Florida, and the year was 2007. Since then, the problem with methadone has only gotten worse in Florida and it has become a major problem in other states too.
• Doctors and rehabilitation therapists report that prescription painkiller abuse is one of the most difficult addictions to treat, and this is because of the simple matter of prescription painkillers being legal, cheap, easy to get, and almost always difficult to stop because of how prevalent they are in American society. Furthermore, prescription painkillers create a powerful physical dependence and a strong mental addiction too. In the end, these drugs and the addictions that Americans fall into with them may yet be the most terrible that this nation has ever seen before.
• The Center for Disease Control and Prevention, (CDC), has officially declared that prescription drug abuse in the United States is an actual epidemic. This declaration came out several years ago, and the problem has done nothing but worsen since then. In truth, between prescription drugs and heroin there is a huge crisis on the hands of the American people. Prescription drugs and heroin combined account for more than ninety percent of all drug-related deaths in the United States, and now young people are becoming more and more addicted to these drugs than ever before.
Rehabilitation Sought as a Solution in Hanford
In more recent years, there is no doubt in anyone’s mind that drug and alcohol addiction and substance abuse in general have become a real problem in the city of Hanford. This has been gradually increasing issue ever since the turn if the century. For them, the issue has had multiple factors, but all have contributed to simply more and more drug and alcohol abuse among those who live there. For example:
• This city is relatively close to the Mexican border. While drugs trafficked from Mexico make it all the way up the East coast and into Maine, it is still simply stated that drugs trafficked from Mexico impact California cities and cities in the American Southwest on a much grander scale than other cities and states that are much further away from there.
• This city has a large population of young adult drug and alcohol addicts. This has also been a disturbing and troublesome factor too. With increases in substance abuse amongst this area’s youth, more drug and alcohol abuse has come about overall, more accidents have occurred, and more deaths have occurred.
• Hanford used to be a very poor town, and now it is a much more affluent town. The situation here is that any time a city of any kind becomes more financially affluent it will almost always attract a significant amount of substance abuse and drug trafficking within its limits.
With all of the factors contributing to drug addiction in Hanford and all the turmoil that these issues have caused, many now look to a solution for what to do about the issue. It is times like these that the residents look to the professionals for solutions.
Solutions do come, and they come in the form of inpatient, residential, drug and alcohol addiction and dependence treatment centers, detox facilities, rehabilitation programs, and recovery organizations. With the help of a recovery center, those addicted in Hanford will experience:
1. Detoxification. With detoxification, one can finally beat chemical dependence to drugs and alcohol once and for all through fully medical and fully inpatient and professional procedure.
2. Rehabilitation. With actual rehabilitation, those who are addicted in Hanford can finally get all of the counseling and therapy they need to beat the mental and spiritual aspects of addiction.
Truly, it is time for those who are addicted in Hanford to stand up and make a point on ending substance abuse in their city once and for all. With the tools offered at rehab centers in CA, you can conquer addiction with a total life overhaul.
Addiction is insidious because it can be so hard to recognize. People who suffer from chemical dependency often don’t understand the full extent of their problem. Loved ones of people who suffer from addiction might not realize how bad the problem is either a... Read More...
If someone you love is addicted to drugs or alcohol, you’re probably wondering how you can get them help. You can’t force someone into rehab, but you can encourage them to choose it for themselves. Approaching your loved one from a place of caring and respect is crucial. If you’re considering an... Read More...
If you’re considering addiction treatment, you’re probably weighing the pros and cons of outpatient versus inpatient rehab. Which one should you choose? Outpatient rehab is often more affordable than inpatient treatment, and it can be very effective for patients who have a strong support network, stable... Read More...