About the City of Fountain Valley: The Area in Review and in Summary
Fountain Valley is a lovely, suburban city in Orange County, California. The population of the city was 55,313 at the 2010 census as reported by the United States Census Bureau. Being that it is a classic bedroom community, Fountain Valley is a middle-class residential area too. As a suburban city, most of Fountain Valley’s residents commute to work in other urban centers but live in Fountain Valley for its aesthetic appeals. However, in recent years, the city has seen an increase in commercial jobs in the city, with the growth of a commercial center near the Santa Ana River known as the “Southpark” district which has attracted many new job markets in recent years.
Although the economy of the area was once based mainly on agriculture back in it early history, the remaining production consists of several fields of strawberries or other small crops, which themselves are gradually being replaced by new office development. Efforts to bolster economic activity in the area are easily evidenced by the city enacting policies to benefit small businesses, and even going so far as to paint a mural on the facade of a large water treatment building facing the freeway that depicts two shopping bags headlined by the words, “Shop in Fountain Valley.” In the end, this is a city that has done quite well for itself and has improved greatly as the years have advanced further and further.
Facts and Statistics on an Addiction Crisis in and Around the City of Fountain Valley
There is no doubt whatsoever that addiction is on the rise in and around Fountain Valley, and all across the nation for that matter. This has been a critical and serious issue for some time now, and probably will only get much worse if nothing is done about it.
• Recent studies showed a grim and conspiratorial set of facts and truths about prescription drug abuse. First of all, the production, distribution, and proliferation of prescription drugs into the hands of Americans all across the nation increased by well over three-hundred percent in a short five year period between the year 2000 and the year 2005. During that same time, prescription drug abuse and addiction in the United States increased by more than fivefold.
• Drug overdose is without a doubt the leading cause of accidental death in the United States, with 47,055 lethal drug overdoses in the year of 2014 alone. Opioid addiction is driving this epidemic at the front of it all, with 18,893 overdose deaths related to prescription pain relievers, and 10,574 overdose deaths related to heroin alone in 2014. Honestly, about three out of four deaths from drugs occur at the hands of some opiate-based drug. In the end, it will take a lot of work and a total revamping of the pharmaceutical industry but this addiction crisis if enough dedication and perseverance is put into it.
Rehabilitation Sought for thee Loved Ones Addicted
In recent years, drug and alcohol addiction and substance abuse in general has become a veritable nightmare for the residents of Fountain Valley. In this area, substance abuse is at its highest ever in terms of the following:
• Number of individuals affected. Prior to the turn of the century, Fountain Valley had an average at best substance abuse issue. In fact, some studies indicated that this area in general was one of the less substance abuse stricken areas in the state. Now however, it’s one of the worst.
• Age range of those affected. One of the particularly troubling aspects of substance abuse in Fountain Valley is that the vast majority of those addicted are under the age of 22. This makes for a pretty dismal future for the area unless something is done about it fast.
• Types of drugs abused. In Fountain Valley, the biggest problems right now are with prescription drugs and heroin. These two drugs combined make for a very dismal and quite concerning addiction issue here overall.
In times like these, the residents of Fountain Valley have been grasping at straws trying to figure out how to curb the shockingly prominent substance abuse issue. Truthfully, if something major isn’t done about it soon it will surely only get much worse. It’s important that major efforts be taking as soon as is possible to stop the crisis before it gets any worse.
This is where substance abuse treatment centers come into play. With the help of an inpatient rehabilitation program in CA, those who are addicted in Fountain Valley can finally experience this recovery and the sobriety that they so desperately need. At a rehabilitation center, those who are addicted in Fountain Valley will be able to move through two very key and very important components that will deliver to them this type of recovery:
1. The first is detoxification to address physical drug and alcohol dependence. In this first step of the rehab, everything is about the individual’s physical addiction to the drug including withdrawal symptoms, cravings, and personal health issues. This step is only completed when one no longer craves the drug or alcohol substance itself.
2. The next is the rehabilitation itself. In this step, one receives all of the counseling and therapy needed to address and eradicate the mental and psychological aspects of drug and alcohol addiction so that it does not come back later in life.
With the help of residential inpatient drug rehab, it is time for those addicted in Fountain Valley to rise up and take their lives back. It is only with a steady focus on treatment that the city and surrounding areas in and around Fountain Valley will be able to improve greatly. Now is the time to change the dismal situation and make for a better future.
Addiction is insidious because it can be so hard to recognize. People who suffer from chemical dependency often don’t understand the full extent of their problem. Loved ones of people who suffer from addiction might not realize how bad the problem is either a... Read More...
If someone you love is addicted to drugs or alcohol, you’re probably wondering how you can get them help. You can’t force someone into rehab, but you can encourage them to choose it for themselves. Approaching your loved one from a place of caring and respect is crucial. If you’re considering an... Read More...
If you’re considering addiction treatment, you’re probably weighing the pros and cons of outpatient versus inpatient rehab. Which one should you choose? Outpatient rehab is often more affordable than inpatient treatment, and it can be very effective for patients who have a strong support network, stable... Read More...