The City of Dublin in Review and in Summary
Dublin, (formerly known as Amador and Dougherty’s Station), is a suburban city of the East, (San Francisco), Bay region of Alameda County, in the state of California, in the United States. Located as it is along the north side of Interstate 580 at the intersection with Interstate 680, roughly 10 miles east of Hayward, 6 miles west of Livermore, situated directly north of Pleasanton, and 35 miles north of San Jose, it was named after the city of Dublin in Ireland.
The nearest major city to Dublin is Oakland, approximately just 25 miles to the west-northwest on Interstate 580. Dublin is the second fastest-growing city in the state of California by far, behind only Santa Clarita. The population was 46,063 (2010 census), and the 2013 estimate at 49,890. It is forecast that by the year of 2030, the population will grow to about 75,900. Dublin is home to the headquarters of Sybase, Inc, now part of SAP SE, Tria Beauty, Medley Health, and Arlen Ness. The city is known for its growth, for its tourism, and for the many successful businesses that reside there.
Drug and Alcohol Addiction in and Around Dublin
Sadly, drug and alcohol abuse and addiction has been on the rise and in a big way in and around the city of Dublin. This is an issue that has only been getting worse and worse as the years have gone by. If something isn’t done soon about this then it is feared that the city and the area in general will be taken over by drug and alcohol abuse.
Facts and Statistics on a Rise in Addiction in Dublin and in the Nation
For some details and examples as to just how serious the drug and alcohol abuse issue is in Dublin and in the nation, some facts and statistics on it have been included below:
• No less than sixty percent of people living on the street report chronic substance abuse. Many often wonder why those who are homeless actually are homeless. The sad truth of it is that most of them are addicted to drugs and alcohol and cannot get jobs for that reason. These individuals must be approached with the perspective of rehabilitating them, not of trying to get them a job or give them money, as neither of those two efforts will work.
• In the year of 2013, an estimated 22.7 million Americans aged 12 and older needed treatment for a drug or alcohol problem of some kind or another. (Source: www.SAMHSA.gov). By the year of 2015, more than 25 million so suffered. By the year 2025, it is feared that there will be more than 35 million Americans who are addicted to drugs and alcohol. This problem is just skyrocketing, and it has shown no sign of slowing down or going away any time soon at all. Rehabilitation must be pursued now more so than ever before, lest this problem take over the nation.
Rehabilitation Sought as a Solution to End the Addiction Crisis in and Around Dublin
For some time now the nation has been struggling with a significant increase in drug and alcohol addiction and substance abuse in general. Some cities have suffered more so than others, some big cities, and some small cities. Even some rural areas have suffered whereas others have not, but the overall trend is definitely seen to be as a major increase in substance abuse throughout.
• For Dublin, the situation is a severe one. It is also very unique. This city in particular more so than others around it suffers a lot when it comes to youth drug and alcohol abuse within the city. This has been sad and devastating to say the least as young adults are far more seriously affected when they abuse drugs than older adults are. They die much more easily and more frequently for example.
• Dublin has also suffered a lot with significant amounts of drug and narcotic trafficking from Mexico. Regardless of its proximity, this area is still lying on top of one of the biggest trafficking routes of narcotics from Mexico out into this region of United States.
• Another big factor is that substance abuse has only recently become a very major issue in Dublin. Because it went from average at best substance abuse issues to much, much, much higher than average substance abuse issues the city has had little time to prepare and come up with positive, preventative measures.
In the end and when all of the cards are on the table the best way to thoroughly address and eradicate a substance abuse problem in any given area is through getting every single individual who is addicted in the area into and successfully completing an inpatient, residential, drug and alcohol addiction and dependence, treatment center, detox facility, rehabilitation program, and recovery organization. Fighting an addiction is never an easy thing to do. Even with the help of inpatient rehabilitation it is still very hard. However the important factor is that it is possible and in fact tens of thousands of Americans beat addiction with rehabilitation every year. This is exactly what Dublin needs and Dublin and the surrounding areas will start to improve once this is put in full force.
Addiction is insidious because it can be so hard to recognize. People who suffer from chemical dependency often don’t understand the full extent of their problem. Loved ones of people who suffer from addiction might not realize how bad the problem is either a... Read More...
If someone you love is addicted to drugs or alcohol, you’re probably wondering how you can get them help. You can’t force someone into rehab, but you can encourage them to choose it for themselves. Approaching your loved one from a place of caring and respect is crucial. If you’re considering an... Read More...
If you’re considering addiction treatment, you’re probably weighing the pros and cons of outpatient versus inpatient rehab. Which one should you choose? Outpatient rehab is often more affordable than inpatient treatment, and it can be very effective for patients who have a strong support network, stable... Read More...