About the City of Delano and All that it Encompasses
Delano is a well-known and increasingly popular city in Kern County, in the state of California, in the United States. Delano is located just 31 miles north-northwest of Bakersfield at an elevation of 315 feet. The population was 53,819 in 2011, up quite a bit from 38,824 in 2000. It is Kern County’s second largest city after Bakersfield. The population and economy of this city boomed after a rapid recovery following the economic crisis of 2008.
Agriculture is Delano’s major industry and is part of the reason why the city was able to avoid the brunt of the recession. The area is particularly well-known as a center for the growing of table grapes for one thing, and the market for these grapes has gone nowhere but up in recent decades. Without a doubt, this is an affluent city that has been affluent for a while and will probably be affluent for quite a while into the future.
Facts and Statistics on Drug and Alcohol Addiction in Delano
To better understand the addiction crisis as it really does stand in Delano, some facts and statistics have been included on the issue below:
• Studies and surveys have found that the most common source of prescription stimulants for college students was a friend with a legitimate prescription to them. This breaks the typical drug dealing trend wide open, as with prescription drugs it is not so much of a, “drug deal”, as it is friends sharing pills. This is particularly upsetting as it gives the Drug Enforcement Agency, (DEA), a whole new issue to tackle that they do not have much experience with.
• The non-medical use and abuse of prescription stimulants is more common among college students than it is amongst high school students, but not by much. However, the fact remains that studies have found that a staggering eight to ten percent of college students reported using and abusing prescription stimulants for non-medical purposes during the past year. Furthermore, about twenty to twenty-five percent of them admitted to having abused prescription opiates in the past year. Amongst this American demographic, prescription drug abuse is truly an epidemic.
• In the year of 2011, it was found that there were about twenty-million people in the United States of the age of 12 or older who suffered from substance use disorders of some type or kind. Yet, the truth is that an estimated ninety percent of those with substance use disorders went untreated and un-helped, creating a massive treatment gap. Furthermore, more Americans become addicted to drugs and alcohol now every year than those who get rehabilitated from their cruel and traumatic addictions.
Rehabilitation Programs and Centers in Use as an Effective Way to Beat Addiction in Delano
Drug and alcohol addiction and substance abuse as a legitimate disorder of the mind and body both have become major issues in the city of Delano. These are issues that have been gradually getting more and more severe all across Delano as the years have gone by. This is an area that has struggled more so than other areas around it for multiple different reasons and as a result of a few different causes. For example:
• Delano happens to be very near a major drug trafficking route that runs right through this area and expands further outward away from Mexico to spread drug substances out into other areas of the state.
• Delano has more youth substance abuse occurring here than most of the other urban areas around it. Addicted youths are more likely to die as a result of drug sand alcohol abuse than older adults are, and as youths are more likely to commit crimes, to get in accidents, and to engage in violence and other dangerous actives while under the influence than older adults are. This too has made a big impact in Delano as well.
• More women in Delano have been abusing prescription drugs and alcohol than ever before, and this has made for some drastic and pretty severe changes in the way life is lived especially in the homes of the residents of Delano.
There is no doubt in anyone’s mind that drug and alcohol addiction and substance abuse have turned out to be a pretty severe and serious issue in Delano, and it has been for some time now. The question that exists then, is what to do about it?
The residents of Delano have for years now been reaching out for help with their addiction struggle, and in some ways, they have been helped, but in a large degree, they have not been assisted that much. Now is the time though for those who are addicted in Delano to seek out rehabilitation as soon as is possible for their addiction issues and troubles. It’s important to be able to recognize the signs of addiction.
With rehab, the addicted residents of Delano can have access to full and complete detoxification. This helps greatly with the chemical aspect of drug and alcohol addiction. Also with inpatient rehabilitation, one can have access to all of the counseling and therapy necessary to successfully address mental addiction and psychological drug dependence. With these tools and therapies in full use, addiction can finally become a thing of the past in Delano, and it is up to the addicts themselves to stand up and make a change in their lives for the better.
Addiction is insidious because it can be so hard to recognize. People who suffer from chemical dependency often don’t understand the full extent of their problem. Loved ones of people who suffer from addiction might not realize how bad the problem is either a... Read More...
If someone you love is addicted to drugs or alcohol, you’re probably wondering how you can get them help. You can’t force someone into rehab, but you can encourage them to choose it for themselves. Approaching your loved one from a place of caring and respect is crucial. If you’re considering an... Read More...
If you’re considering addiction treatment, you’re probably weighing the pros and cons of outpatient versus inpatient rehab. Which one should you choose? Outpatient rehab is often more affordable than inpatient treatment, and it can be very effective for patients who have a strong support network, stable... Read More...