The City of Cerritos and What it Has to Offer to Those Who Live There
Cerritos, (formerly known as Dairy Valley because of the preponderance of dairy farms in the area), is a suburban city in Los Angeles County, in the state of California, in the United States, and is one of several cities that constitute the Gateway Cities of southeast Los Angeles County. It was incorporated on April 24, 1956. As of the 2010 census, the population was 49,041 as reported by the United States Census Bureau. It is part of the Los Angeles–Long Beach–Anaheim, California Metropolitan Statistical Area designated by the Office of Management and Budget.
For some time this city was a major agricultural, farming, and livestock town, but now it is growing into more of a residential community too. The cheap housing, pleasant views, and manageable commute to the big city has made Cerritos very desirable to the surrounding residents and individuals from the big city too. This town is particularly interesting to retirees and new families alike.
Drug and Alcohol Abuse and Addiction on the rise in Cerritos
Sadly, wherever a population boom goes so does follow drug abuse and addiction and drug crime in general. Drug dealers go where the money and the population booms go, and this is exactly what has happened not only in Cerritos but in a lot of places all across the country. For example:
• Over 25 million Americans over the age of 12 have an addiction (excluding tobacco). About twenty million of them are addicted to alcohol, and the other five million are addicted to some kind of drug substance. A lot of those who are alcohol abusers also abuse drugs too, and vice versa. Sadly, if something isn’t done soon to cut back on addiction, it is feared that the issue will only get much, much worse as the years go by.
• Over 5 million emergency room visits in 2011 were drug related in some way or another. This represented about eighteen percent of all ER visits in the entire nation. Roughly twenty to thirty percent of all ER visits were as a result of alcohol abuse. Between the two of these addictions, studies now show that drug and alcohol abuse and addiction create roughly almost half of the ER visits that this nation sees. This is particularly traumatizing because these visits end up bouncing back on the taxpayer as an addict is very rarely able to pay for their own ER visit.
Rehabilitation Sought as a Solution to an Addiction Nightmare
There is absolutely no doubt in anyone’s mind that addiction is becoming a pretty serious problem in the United States of America. This state is one of the worst for addiction, and the city of Cerritos is one of the worst in the state. This has surprised many as Cerritos is not a particularly large or significant city, but some key factors have played a role in the city experiencing a growth in its addiction problem.
1. One of these is that Cerritos has experienced a strong surge and it’s local economy. Sadly, wherever economic growth goes, so does follow drug dealers, traffickers, pushers, and criminals in general.
2. There have been a lot more prescription drugs coming into Cerritos then ever before. This city is full of upper-middle-class adults and senior citizens, and prescription drug use and abuse have been becoming a lot more common in general amongst those demographics.
3. Furthermore, the youths and young adults of the city are becoming more and more commonly addicted to prescription drugs simply because there are more of these drugs filtering around in Cerritos. Studies show that the vast majority of young adults who are addicted to prescription drugs get them either from a friend or from their parent’s medicine cabinets, not from a drug dealer like with other drugs.
In the end, regardless of how it is occurring the fact remains that drug and alcohol abuse and the whole matter of addiction, in general, is becoming a very broad and sweeping aspect of day-to-day life in Cerritos. This has got to change, and it has to stop now.
• The only way to successfully address an addiction crisis not only on an individual level but also on a larger urban level is through inpatient rehabilitation. With the help of inpatient rehabilitation, substance abuse can finally become a thing of the past in Cerritos. It is key that this effort is commenced as soon as is possible before the situation gets any worse than it already is.
Now is the time for those addicted to drugs and alcohol in Cerritos to stand up and make positive changes in their lives. Inpatient rehabilitation helps with everything. It gets rid of chemical dependence to drugs and alcohol, and it addresses and eradicates the mental and psychological stimuli that create substance abuse in the first place, and it readies an individual for a new life as a sober and recovered individual. All of these are goals that all addicts should aspire to and these are what are offered at any rehabilitation program.
Addiction is insidious because it can be so hard to recognize. People who suffer from chemical dependency often don’t understand the full extent of their problem. Loved ones of people who suffer from addiction might not realize how bad the problem is either a... Read More...
If someone you love is addicted to drugs or alcohol, you’re probably wondering how you can get them help. You can’t force someone into rehab, but you can encourage them to choose it for themselves. Approaching your loved one from a place of caring and respect is crucial. If you’re considering an... Read More...
If you’re considering addiction treatment, you’re probably weighing the pros and cons of outpatient versus inpatient rehab. Which one should you choose? Outpatient rehab is often more affordable than inpatient treatment, and it can be very effective for patients who have a strong support network, stable... Read More...