Auburn is known for being the county seat of Placer County, California. The city had a population of 13,330 during the 2010 census as reported by the United States Census Bureau. Auburn is known for its California Gold Rush history, and is registered as a California Historical Landmark too.
Auburn is known for being a part of the Greater Sacramento area and it is home to the Auburn State Recreation Area as well. The park is actually known for being the site of more sporting endurance events than any other place in the entire world, giving Auburn the undisputed and internationally acclaimed title of Endurance Capital of the World.
Auburn is known for its events and it culture. Examples of the types of events that occur in this city include the Western States Endurance Run; the Western States Trail Ride, also known as Tevis Cup Equestrian Ride; American River 50 Mile Endurance Run; American River 50 Mile Equestrian Ride; Way Too Cool 50 Kilometer Endurance Run; Auburn International Half-Ironman Triathlon; Auburn Century 100 Mile Bike Ride, Coolest 24 Hour Mountain Bike Race, Rio Del Lago 100 Mile Endurance Run, Sierra Nevada 50 Mile Endurance Run, and the Coolest Run: Ride & Tie.
Auburn is a pleasant and enjoyable town for those who live there and for those who visit there too. The city has a strong economy and a lot to do and see. All in all, this city is well on its way to being a powerful tourist town now that the city has recovered so much from the recession.
Drug and Alcohol Abuse in Small Town California
Drug and alcohol abuse and addiction has become a pretty serious and significant thing in the nation today. In fact, these issues more so than anything else seem to be negatively impacting many different aspects of American society. In more ways than one, drug abuse has been spreading out from different big cities into smaller, outlying areas and towns. Drug dealers have basically tapped out the bigger cities and the result is more addiction and more problems in smaller cities as drug dealers and traffickers have spread their influence into these areas.
Substance Abuse Leaves its Mark on Auburn
It is nothing new that drug and alcohol abuse and addiction in general has been an increasing issue and something of increasing worry in this state. Auburn, like many other cities state-wide, has come under the effects of pretty intensive and damaging substance abuse crisis and problems and worries.
Substance abuse, drug addiction, and alcohol addiction have been labeled one of the top ten most concerning issues in the United States, and it is the third most concerning health issue in the United States. Ever since the turn of the century these problems have been growing bigger and bigger as each year goes by with no sign or indication of them going down or relaxing any time soon. What has this meant for Auburn? Nothing good.
First of all, how does one know if one is truly addicted, or if one knows someone who is? There are signs that point in these directions. For example:
• Addiction alters your overall health. Signs of addiction commonly include health issues that may vary depending on the drug, but typically include fatigue, irregular sleeping patterns, nosebleeds, vomiting, headaches, memory loss, seizures, dry mouth, and persistent illness.
• Unexplained personality changes are a common sign of addiction for both drug and alcohol use. These changes may include a sudden loss of conscience or inhibition, loud or obnoxious behavior, out of character isolation, excitement, or hyperactivity.
• Drug addiction symptoms can often cause mental health symptoms because many drugs chemically alter the brain. These signs can include paranoia, hearing voices, and compulsive actions.
• Drugs and alcohol are classified as stimulants and depressants and these can alter a person’s emotional state. Because of this action, sudden or unexplained depression, mood swings or hostility, and aggression are common signs of addiction.
• Problems at work or school are common red flags that indicate a drug or alcohol addiction.
• Unexplained absences, lateness, and problems with peers or coworkers can indicate the presence of an addiction.
• If you notice that a loved one locks doors or suddenly becomes secretive, uses air fresheners or perfumes excessively, or that you have missing medication, alcohol, cleaners, or other chemical products, these may indicate a drug or alcohol addiction.
If these are problems that you have seen in your life or in the life of someone you know, then it is time to pursue rehabilitation. Rehabilitation, or the act of putting those who are addicted to drugs and alcohol into an addiction or dependence treatment center, is the only way that Auburn can start to make progress towards becoming a clean and sober city. If rehabilitation is pursued, this city can finally get back on track and work back towards the city-wide sobriety that it once knew.
Addiction is insidious because it can be so hard to recognize. People who suffer from chemical dependency often don’t understand the full extent of their problem. Loved ones of people who suffer from addiction might not realize how bad the problem is either a... Read More...
If someone you love is addicted to drugs or alcohol, you’re probably wondering how you can get them help. You can’t force someone into rehab, but you can encourage them to choose it for themselves. Approaching your loved one from a place of caring and respect is crucial. If you’re considering an... Read More...
If you’re considering addiction treatment, you’re probably weighing the pros and cons of outpatient versus inpatient rehab. Which one should you choose? Outpatient rehab is often more affordable than inpatient treatment, and it can be very effective for patients who have a strong support network, stable... Read More...